This is just one man

by Laura2

I'm a mother of 7 daughters and the last has been molested by their father. My daughters therapist had me read pedophiles , rapists, etc by salter. It helped me to understand the red flags to look for . Look around u and you will see many examples of men that can be trusted. I am where you are with not wanting another husband, but you will one day have someone just fall into your life for you and your children because god knows that you both need someone that can show how to trust . I have my daughter spend as much time with my mom and dad because they have an amazing trusting relationship . Find a good example of trust for your daughter so she can see it . Also the best therapy for me has been the 12 step recovery for family support in the Mormon church . There are other women in the group that are not Mormon and it has been healing to listen to other women who have been molested as kids and are trying to get through trauma . I spend 800 a month on therapy for my daughter and I , but nothing has been as healing as the 12 step program . It's great to let the anger out in a healthy way and get validation and support. I know that trust is the hardest thing to get through. Take your problems to your higher power and watch miracles happen. Remember heavenly father loves his children and will help you help them .

Posted on May 6, 2012, 11:36 AM
from IP address 66.87.68.103

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Find more forums on Rape, Sexual AbuseCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement