Re: What is legally considered sexual abuse in Ohio

by SpinningInCircles

I am so sorry you all are going through this! I can only imagine how helpless you feel. I know I am one of the fortunate one's because when my daughter disclosed, I brought her to make a statement, they believed her (she's 14), issued warrants, and arrested him the same night. And he has been singing like a songbird for the past 2 1/2 weeks (since his arrest).

My SUGGESTION is to research Forensic Examiners in your area. My daughter, even though she disclosed and gave a statement to the local law enforcement office, will be going through 5 or 6 weeks of Forensic Interviewing at the local Children's Hospital with a Licensed social worker. They are specially trained to interview these children in this manner without the parents present and draw out any and all information. Their notes from their interviews are admissible in court as evidence. In the meantime, encourage your daughter to do whatever it takes to avoid visitation. It will take him a while to be able to file a court complaint and bring the visitation before the court. In the meantime, hopefully there will be some forensic evidence through the interviewing. :(

Come here any time for support! We all are dealing with similar circumstances.

Posted on May 12, 2012, 8:38 AM
from IP address 166.251.214.2

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

1. What is legally considered sexual abuse.. Kathleen, May 12, 2012, 3:40 PM

Find more forums on Rape, Sexual AbuseCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement