Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Re: Does the anger ever go away? Should it?

• Posted Dec 8, 2011 9:04 AM

It goes away, specially if you learn to let the fault fall where it belongs, with the perp not with you. IT IS NOT YOUR FAULT, IT IS THEIRS AND NEVER FORGET IT. My case is mild if you hear the other stories here, but it is still not less damaging and upsetting and did not make less anger than what anybody else here has gone thru. My family and I have been lucky enough that our case went to court and actually got a sentencing for the perp that abuse my then 10 years old daughter. Our monster was her school teacher, my daughter told the principal of the school and CPs has a tape with more than 3 hours of everything he did. Like you I still do not know the whole story, I know what CPs and the detective told me, and I told my daughter that I wanted to hear everything from her when she is ready to tell me, even if I have to wait 10 years to hear it.

I put a good face in front of my daughter and the public, we even went to a soccer tournament for that particular daughter the day after everything came open. That evening after the games I came home took care of the family, put my 10 years old to bed and took a shower, while in there the damp broke and I cried for hours. My daughter went in front of the judge and told him that that man hurt her and her family and he need to go to jail, which he did, he is serving a 5 years of a 10 years sentence, has to register and lost custody of his own kids. but even with all of that and almost 3 years later, the pain is there, the anger is there, specially when I see how much my daughter lost and how this is going to affect her for the rest of her life.

But things are better and the anger is down to just a grievance once in a blue moon. take it easy and just remember that things will be better.
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options