Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • re: Thank You
    • Dee
      Posted Mar 23, 2012 1:03 PM

My daughter was pretty young when we started doing therapy so she did play therapy. We also did community integration therapy. She had two case managers who each came weekly and took her out of the house for community based therapy. She was assessed by the state and found to be Severely Emotionally Disturbed (SED) so she was able to qualify for Medicaid which was my God Send because there is no way I could have afforded the quality of therapy and intervention she required. Medicaid covered it all. She was on Zoloft for PTSD. My daughter is now 8 and is no longer considered SED and she is just overall doing so well. It took a while though....so time is one of the healing elements you have on your side... but the patience you will have to find on your own. Finding a way to get some time without your daughter will make it much easier for you to deal with....the community based casemanagers who came and took her a couple hours each week were my timeouts...so see if you can find yourself some time out solutions so you can be more patient and better able to deal with your daughter when you are dealing with her issues. This will get better. Hang in there,

Dee
    Your Name
    Your Email
    (Optional)
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options Also send responses to my email address

Find more forums on Rape, Sexual AbuseCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement