Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • RE: Protecting/Supporting Perp
    • SpinningInCircles
      Posted Apr 30, 2012 9:13 AM

I think it was a bit easier for Laura to do the right thing because her daughter was the victim. I know, even as the wife of the perp, I have moments where I wonder if my daughter is telling the truth. They are only fleeting moments, and I would never let her know I think those thoughts. They are impossible to keep from fluttering into the forefront of my thought process, but I quickly dispose of them.

If you think about it, is it really THAT difficult to understand why parents support these perpetrators? How could they believe that they brought this person into the world and raised this person to be the monster they became? I think it would be hard for me to believe or accept if I myself hadn't been sexually abused.

Don't get me wrong, I don't AGREE with it! But, I can understand it. By NOT supporting your child, it is like admitting you failed as a parent and almost like you shoulder some of the blame for them turning into who they turned into. Also, a lot of parents take the legal position of innocent until proven guilty.

Fortunately for me, my husband comes from a dirt poor family with no money or savings sense at all so I doubt his mother will be helping him.
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options

Find more forums on Rape, Sexual AbuseCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement