Return to Index  

Fury Taking Shape!!!

August 30 2009 at 2:32 PM

Brandon  (Login Bravosierra001)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 12.183.129.5

Well I am back after a week and a half stay out on the Truman for a CQ Det for our students here at Kingsville. What a ride it was the first couple of days with that hurricane out and about. Yehawwww!! Well atleast we didn't have Russian subs playing cat and mouse with us like the CQ I worked last month out on the Carl Vincent!!! What the heck the cat shot makes it all worth it. Here are a couple of images I took on the morning right before FOD walk on the last day out!
[linked image]
[linked image]

I spent a little time on the Fury once I got back. I opted not to stencil it for I was hesitant about using those old decals off the sheet. I figure this isn't really an accurate Fj-3 so I will just have some fun with it, and it will give the general look of the Fury for my Jolly Rogers Lineage build. Here is where I am at after my last post in which I had to totally strip off all of the paint and re-do it. I am pretty happy with the results and like the new look with the nice gloss finish!

[linked image]
[linked image]
Hopefuly I will have this one done soon so that I can get back on that -4 Corsair. Thanks for looking.

Brandon

Respond to this message   
Responses

HyperScale's Group Build Guidelines

The objective of this Group Build is to encourage as many modellers as possible to build their kits and share their progress via words and photos on this Forum.

You are welcome to post general construction tips or relevant reference information and photos to this Forum too.

This Group Build will feature WWI Aircraft Kits.

1. This Group Build will run until 31 December, 2011.

2. Build as many kits as you like.

3. Conversions, aftermarket and scratchbuilding are all permitted.

4. Any markings are acceptable.

5. Document your progress and do a write-up on your build - where did you have trouble, what improvements did you make, what markings did you choose and why? It would be GREAT if everyone would do a writeup and submit it to HyperScale as a Feature Article.

Posting or replying to messages on The Group Build Forum requires visitors to register. If you have not already registered on one of HyperScale's other Forums, you will need to:

1. First register with Network 54, the Forum provider.Click here to register with Network 54.

2. Then, you can sign up for HyperScale's forums. Click here to sign up for HyperScale's forums.

Your user name and password will give you full posting privileges to all of HyperScale Forums.

free counters