Return to Index  

1/48th F4U-5N

January 22 2010 at 10:01 AM
  (Login bentwing)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 205.188.116.135

This F4U-5N Corsair from VC-3 was seen at an airshow at NAS Atlantic City, NJ c.1950 and was super clean for public display. Because of its colorful red and white markings, I selected it as the subject for my F4U-5N model.

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

The kit was the 1/48th Monogram Pro-Modeler F4U-5N and I highly recommend that kit to anyone who wants a smooth out-of-the-box build of that version Corsair. Although I used some of the True Details cockpit parts, in retrospect I'd have been just as well off to use the kit cockpit adding only the TD fuselage cockpit side panels which are not present in the kit. Other than that, I'd suggest the TD weighted wheels to complete the build. I was particularly impressed with the kit instrument panel which was as well done as any kit instrument panel I have ever seen and was far better than the resin instrument panel in the TD cockpit set. Really a nice smooth build from start to finish. The model is finished in Testors MM enamel and clear-gloss coated.

Thanks for looking and I welcome any comments or obeservations.

Jim Sullivan

Respond to this message   
Responses

HyperScale's Group Build Guidelines

The objective of this Group Build is to encourage as many modellers as possible to build their kits and share their progress via words and photos on this Forum.

You are welcome to post general construction tips or relevant reference information and photos to this Forum too.

This Group Build will feature WWI Aircraft Kits.

1. This Group Build will run until 31 December, 2011.

2. Build as many kits as you like.

3. Conversions, aftermarket and scratchbuilding are all permitted.

4. Any markings are acceptable.

5. Document your progress and do a write-up on your build - where did you have trouble, what improvements did you make, what markings did you choose and why? It would be GREAT if everyone would do a writeup and submit it to HyperScale as a Feature Article.

Posting or replying to messages on The Group Build Forum requires visitors to register. If you have not already registered on one of HyperScale's other Forums, you will need to:

1. First register with Network 54, the Forum provider.Click here to register with Network 54.

2. Then, you can sign up for HyperScale's forums. Click here to sign up for HyperScale's forums.

Your user name and password will give you full posting privileges to all of HyperScale Forums.

free counters