Return to Index  

Thank You, Sir

October 15 2010 at 8:40 PM
Old Man  (Login vieuxhomme)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 99.145.170.153

Response to Looking Good

You know the sort of thing I do normally, so perhaps 'a bit' of filing to me is more than some might suppose.

The floor did need sanding, mostly on its bottom curve portion, and the front bulkhead did need some sanding, too. I had meant to reserve comment on the interior till later (the state of play is a bit in advance of these pictures), but the instructions are a problem with the interior. What I took from them was that the main instrument panel should go on the front bulkhead, but after I had glued it there, and closed the fuselage, it was obviously invisible there, once a piece from the kit had been added to the forward part of the cockpit opening. A belated look at the P-35 Mini seems to confirm that feeling, so I made a new panel (with Mike Grant decals) and blank breeches, and put it in the right place, just under the lip of the real front of the cockpit opening. The other thing I suspect is 'off' about the interior is that the gunner has a stock seat just like the pilot's, and this I have never seen in the rear cockpit, in any country in any period. I have made a 'fountain counter stool' for the seat, but it is just a guess, obviously.

I have the wings on already, and expect to have assembly pretty much done over this weekend, with pictures to follow.

Respond to this message   

HyperScale's Group Build Guidelines

The objective of this Group Build is to encourage as many modellers as possible to build their kits and share their progress via words and photos on this Forum.

You are welcome to post general construction tips or relevant reference information and photos to this Forum too.

This Group Build will feature WWI Aircraft Kits.

1. This Group Build will run until 31 December, 2011.

2. Build as many kits as you like.

3. Conversions, aftermarket and scratchbuilding are all permitted.

4. Any markings are acceptable.

5. Document your progress and do a write-up on your build - where did you have trouble, what improvements did you make, what markings did you choose and why? It would be GREAT if everyone would do a writeup and submit it to HyperScale as a Feature Article.

Posting or replying to messages on The Group Build Forum requires visitors to register. If you have not already registered on one of HyperScale's other Forums, you will need to:

1. First register with Network 54, the Forum provider.Click here to register with Network 54.

2. Then, you can sign up for HyperScale's forums. Click here to sign up for HyperScale's forums.

Your user name and password will give you full posting privileges to all of HyperScale Forums.

free counters