Return to Index  

Polikarpov I-15 WIP 3

June 9 2011 at 6:38 AM

(Login StuartMilliken)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 209.237.253.45

Just a small update. Today I installed the wing struts and landing gear, which I figure was enough for my nerves for one day:

[linked image]

I love the cool 1930s look of this thing, but the landing gear are a disappointment. In retrospect I should have attached the landing gear struts farther outboard on the fuselage. My bad. Leaves an unpleasant step. Note too that the rear of the spats touch the ground, but I think the addition of the tail skid will correct that. The other problem is this:

[linked image]

Look kind of like Mickey Mouse feet. I believe there should be a bit of a flared fairing where the strut meets the spat, but this looks more like a peg on a slab. I suppose William would have had his putty and dremel out by now fixing it, but for me it's a major accomplishment just to get the things on there, and I'm not sure I want to push my luck. I need to sleep on it. For me this is one of those kits that I need to build two of, the first one to figure out how to do it.

Other than that, the next step is to wash it down to remove my sweaty fingerprints, and prime it.

Stuart

Respond to this message   
Responses

HyperScale's Group Build Guidelines

The objective of this Group Build is to encourage as many modellers as possible to build their kits and share their progress via words and photos on this Forum.

You are welcome to post general construction tips or relevant reference information and photos to this Forum too.

This Group Build will feature WWI Aircraft Kits.

1. This Group Build will run until 31 December, 2011.

2. Build as many kits as you like.

3. Conversions, aftermarket and scratchbuilding are all permitted.

4. Any markings are acceptable.

5. Document your progress and do a write-up on your build - where did you have trouble, what improvements did you make, what markings did you choose and why? It would be GREAT if everyone would do a writeup and submit it to HyperScale as a Feature Article.

Posting or replying to messages on The Group Build Forum requires visitors to register. If you have not already registered on one of HyperScale's other Forums, you will need to:

1. First register with Network 54, the Forum provider.Click here to register with Network 54.

2. Then, you can sign up for HyperScale's forums. Click here to sign up for HyperScale's forums.

Your user name and password will give you full posting privileges to all of HyperScale Forums.

free counters