Return to Index  

Staaken R.IV First Try at Lozenge

June 28 2012 at 9:52 AM

Dan Smith  (Login NinetyThirdLiberator)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 66.194.72.10

All,

Here is an attempt with home-made decals using a color laser printer and decal film for a laser printer. It seems ok.

I need to fiddle with the printer settings as I do get areas where there is no color (they look like little scuffs along the lozenge) but I think they don't look too bad and will be hidden a bit by some weathering.

The decal film itself works well. It's a bit thicker than things we are used to, doesn't respond much to Solvaset and I put them on the plastic over a layer of wet Future to help with adhesion. They are easy to trim and not delicate so they move around easily. They come off their backing in only about 10-20 seconds!

I don't pretend to be an expert on the colors but this is the way I imagine they'd look. I wish I'd have removed my black borders around my hexes...too late now and I've printed multiple sheets. I guess I'll do better next time!

[linked image]

Overall, though...I think it will pass.

Thanks for looking.

Respond to this message   
Responses

HyperScale's Group Build Guidelines

The objective of this Group Build is to encourage as many modellers as possible to build their kits and share their progress via words and photos on this Forum.

You are welcome to post general construction tips or relevant reference information and photos to this Forum too.

This Group Build will feature WWI Aircraft Kits.

1. This Group Build will run until 31 December, 2011.

2. Build as many kits as you like.

3. Conversions, aftermarket and scratchbuilding are all permitted.

4. Any markings are acceptable.

5. Document your progress and do a write-up on your build - where did you have trouble, what improvements did you make, what markings did you choose and why? It would be GREAT if everyone would do a writeup and submit it to HyperScale as a Feature Article.

Posting or replying to messages on The Group Build Forum requires visitors to register. If you have not already registered on one of HyperScale's other Forums, you will need to:

1. First register with Network 54, the Forum provider.Click here to register with Network 54.

2. Then, you can sign up for HyperScale's forums. Click here to sign up for HyperScale's forums.

Your user name and password will give you full posting privileges to all of HyperScale Forums.

free counters