Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Coming Attractions
    • (Login superdave51)
      HyperScale Forums
      Posted Aug 22, 2010 6:44 PM

First here's a few shots of the AJ that refused to load to photobucket yesterday.

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

Unfortunately a bit fuzzy but you see the jet engine end of the AJ.

This is what I meant by saying that painting the engines was pointless.

As soon as the AJ is finished these come off the back burner, some photo's are a bit fuzzy, sorry 'bout that.

I too own an early EA3B kit but I'm in the process of back dating it to an A3D-1.

The electronics canoe had to go.

I found some pics of a China Lake bird in the yummy dark gloss sea blue with white bordered green stripes and engine intake scallops.

Here's one of the thing doing a low pass over the bombing range at China Lake, too bad they missed half the airplane in the shot.

Next up is Hobbycraft's horrible resizing of the Fujimi Gutless Cutlass in 1/48th.

How does this one qualify? Well, it don't but since Collect Aire came out with a forward fuselage correction kit and I've made a myriad fixes to the rest of the kit (the Collect Aire guys say the rest of the kit is okay but I disagree. If you look closely at the previous pics you'll see the resin corrections I made by copying fixes through RTV molds, the tail cone, scoops, etc.

Various parts I made for the first one (I always intended to make more than one 'cause the Cutlass at least looked cool) will be resin copied for the other. Again, sorry about the fuzzyness.

Oh, yeah, I cut out and made resin copies of the speed brakes so the they would seem movable.

Then there's the Cutting Edge A3J conversion, kudos to Gil Hodges and his rework of the Collect Aire RA-5C but since I have my mitts on the OOP Cutting Edge kit I'm going for it.

Bubble, bubble, toil and trouble. At last an Air Force bird, but alas it is a Collect Aire kit and the bubbles are horrendous.

Note that the fuselage to wing length is outrageous.

Now for the pushing the outside of the envelope portion of the program. The Iron Shipwright U.S.S.Nashville. I picked this one up at a vendors table at an Atlanta show, the Iron Shipwright guy let me have it on the cheap because it had been slightly damaged in shipping.

I got cool after market stuff from Pacific Front Hobbies, a great resource including L'Arsenal's turned brass 155 gun barrels (which conveniently come out to be something like 5.98 inches) which will look allot better than the resin offerings that came with the kit.

And since I intend to back date it to its 1942 fit , Paper Lab's 1.1 inch Chicago pianos will look really cool.

And an upgrade to Veteran Models 5 inch 25 caliber secondary guns will be equally cool.

So how do I think I can get away with such heresy on a resin airplane forum? Here's my evidence.

Bret Green is the final arbiter on this, so if he shoots me down on this one I'll just press on with business and you'll get to see progress on this one on the ship building forum.

The fly in the ointment is the fact that my job requires me to be there 9 hour a day, 6 or 7 days a week but I'm determined to get SOMETHING done.

Uber Dave out.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)