<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

DH-5 Completed! Fokker Fodder for Laurent

December 1 2011 at 10:10 PM
Dan Smith  (no login)
from IP address 71.212.15.95

All,

I just got the Libramodels Staggerwing completed. I added all the control surface rigging, pulleys, gas tank cover, pito tube, painted the fuselage roundals and stuck on a windshield. You can see from the bottom shot the reason I painted the rest of the markings on! I really mucked those decals up.

[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

A really enjoyable build and a really nice model. A special thanks to Tim for sending me the kit. Thanks to Claus for sending me another DH-5! Typical of this forum, I only wished for some cool aiplanes and I had two unsolicited copies sent to me within 2 weeks. Thanks awfully, Chaps!

Guess what's next, William?

Thanks for looking. What a great group build this has been.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Bob
(Login Bobton03)
HyperScale Forums

Excellent work!!!

December 2 2011, 5:01 AM 

Respond to this message   

laurent
(Login loren37)
HyperScale Forums

This plane is too cool to be shot down!

December 2 2011, 12:10 PM 

Very subtle job Dan. I'm impressed that you can build at light speed a vac kit!?
With a great result... Top notch!

Respond to this message   

Ted Preston
(Login TeddieP)
HyperScale Forums

Another Hit!

December 2 2011, 2:30 PM 

Respond to this message   

Matt Collins
(Login MattP38)
HyperScale Forums

That's a nice one, Dan

December 2 2011, 5:40 PM 

I have not said much lately, but I have been keeping a watch on your builds, and you have been doing some great work.

Cheers,

M.

It's good to have a friend here at my shoulder with a little time to spend, til I find love again -F. C. Collins W. C. Bickhardt

Respond to this message   

Anonymous
(Login tmixon)
HyperScale Forums

Wow!

December 2 2011, 9:59 PM 

Very impressive work Dan! Looking forward to seeing what you do with the AEG...

Respond to this message   

Anonymous
(Login mixont)
HyperScale Forums

Im not anonymous!

December 2 2011, 10:05 PM 

Respond to this message   
Greg7AC
(Login Greg7AC)
HyperScale Forums

Very good.....but not slimly enought.

December 3 2011, 9:22 PM 

I'm not complaining about the build, it's an excellent build. The one impression that has stayed with me about these rotary powered aircraft fly is just how MUCH slime they kick out. That’s WHY the cowl has the large cutout on the bottom, and a glossy and STICKY trail heads from the cowl and reaches the tail. It’s the one place yon can’t weather to much, the underbody of any rotary powered plane. Go ahead, go wild, it forms glossly little rivers of amber stuck to the bottom and filling any nook it can touch.

Greg in OK

Respond to this message   

Claus Dam
(Login ManusNigra)
HyperScale Forums

Cute!

December 4 2011, 6:37 AM 

Darn nice job as usual, Dan! No serial? I think I have a British serial sheet somewhere, if you need a few numbers.

Respond to this message   
Dan Smith
(no login)

Dang...

December 4 2011, 8:48 AM 

Hi Claus,

You always catch those things...prop logos and serial numbers! You are quite correct. I was going to try my hand at making some with a laser printer on white decal film but work had gotten in the way...

I'll scare some up before it sits on a contest table.

Thanks for the words and the other DH-5! Funny thing...I can't wait to start that one too...

Respond to this message   

Claus Dam
(Login ManusNigra)
HyperScale Forums

Naah...

December 4 2011, 11:31 AM 

Keep the other one for a rainy day - or for someone who sees your DH on a contest table and asks how to get one. Would much rather like to see you tackle the AEG or the Staaken. With three weeks to go in this GB I'm sure you would be able to finish either. Or both? happy.gif
_____________-

Respond to this message   

Stuart Milliken
(Login StuartMilliken)
HyperScale Forums

Great build, Dan!

December 4 2011, 5:18 PM 

I love both your style and your choice of subjects. The DH-5 really makes the Cool-O-Meter ping.

Stuart

Respond to this message   

William De Coster
(Login eazyprinz)
HyperScale Forums

Astonishing work Dan - AGAIN !

December 5 2011, 2:57 PM 

Holy macaroni - that turned out very great !

Hard to believe (for me) this is a vac - it looks so refined, and these wings are much thinner then on my Merlin kit

Very interesting subject to add to the shelves

... and yes Dan, I'm looking forward to your big Fokker now - make it our Christmas present happy.gif !

William De Coster / Belgium be.png / previous builds on HS : Plastic Stories

1/72 - Airfix, Trumpeter and AML - Curtiss Hawk 81 : Part I - Part II - Part III - Part IV - Part V - Part VI - Part VII - Part VIII new.gif
1/72 - Frog/Novo - Curtiss Tomahawk : Part I - Part II - Part III/End
1/72 - AGA - Polikarpov I-3 : Part I - Part II - Part III - Part IV - Part V

Just like the perfect woman doesn't exist, I will never build a perfect model.
Puts me on a par with God

Respond to this message   
Victor Scheuerman
(Login ffirefighter13)
HyperScale Forums

Another 'home run' Dan......

December 6 2011, 7:52 AM 

I think I have run out of superlatives for your work sad.gif

Great as always!

Cheers, Vic

Respond to this message   

Tim Mixon
(Login mixotw)

Nice!!!

December 6 2011, 11:28 AM 

Great work Dan! I want one on my shelf! I am currently bogged down with a remodel (BATHROOM) project. Hope to have the Rolands finished this month.

Respond to this message   
Allan Buttrick
(Login Allan31)
HyperScale Forums

With that much wing devoted to aileron......

December 11 2011, 5:18 PM 

I would think this thing could snap around faster than anything.
Amazing work on this Dan.

Thanks,
Allan

Youth, talent, hard work, and enthusiasm are no match for old age and treachery.

Multiple Mosquito Build, 1/72: Intro Part 1 Part 1.5 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Fini

Fathers Day A6M2: Intro Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Finish

Airfix Stuka 1/72: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Finish

Airfix Hurricane 1/72: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Finish

Airfix Orion III: Build Tutorial Finish

Respond to this message   

Dan Smith
(Login NinetyThirdLiberator)
HyperScale Forums

Thanks, Allan...

December 11 2011, 7:23 PM 

I plan on spending more time over in the AF playground soon. After this one is done, Pacific is calling! My trouble is that I think 1/72nd is my favorite and now that these vacs were discovered...well, I'm screwed.

Talk to you soon! Great work on the P-40 by the way. Good way to remember the 70th. Not much even in the newspapers out this way. Kind of a shame.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

HyperScale's Group Build Guidelines

The objective of this Group Build is to encourage as many modellers as possible to build their kits and share their progress via words and photos on this Forum.

You are welcome to post general construction tips or relevant reference information and photos to this Forum too.

This Group Build will feature WWI Aircraft Kits.

1. This Group Build will run until 31 December, 2011.

2. Build as many kits as you like.

3. Conversions, aftermarket and scratchbuilding are all permitted.

4. Any markings are acceptable.

5. Document your progress and do a write-up on your build - where did you have trouble, what improvements did you make, what markings did you choose and why? It would be GREAT if everyone would do a writeup and submit it to HyperScale as a Feature Article.

Posting or replying to messages on The Group Build Forum requires visitors to register. If you have not already registered on one of HyperScale's other Forums, you will need to:

1. First register with Network 54, the Forum provider.Click here to register with Network 54.

2. Then, you can sign up for HyperScale's forums. Click here to sign up for HyperScale's forums.

Your user name and password will give you full posting privileges to all of HyperScale Forums.

free counters