<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

To Lina: Slavs and southern Greece

June 13 2005 at 1:02 AM
No score for this post
Nick the Greek  (Login Nick_the_Greek)

The "Slavic" element in Southern Greece. The correct though is Slavonic.

Peloponese

There are many toponyms with slavonic root. You can meet them at the mountainous part of Arcadia. Examples of them are Stemnica, Dimitsana, Kastanica, Arahova, Tzitzina etc.
There is no evidence of Kyrillic script at all.
There was also an idiom spoken in a very narrow region which was a mixture of the anciend doric(!!) dialect with many slavonic words. But unfortunately today it is not spoken any more.
Apart from this there is no other memory of slavic idiom ever spoken in Peloponese.
Also there are some other toponyms such as Ziria, Dourdouvana etc that I do not know what do they mean.
The inhabitants of Peloponese, however, don't use many slavic words. Venetian words on the other hand are very common.

Roumeli

Lets go now "pan' ap' t' avlak'" the channel that seperates Peloponese from Roumeli, the perfecture of "Continental Greece".
Here things sometimes are more clear and sometime more confusing for the analysts.
In the mountainous part there are slavonic toponyms, but this time they have a clear meaning. Granica (border), Sevedikos (northern), Lucovo (Luc: this village is being enlightened by a ray of sunlight between the mountains; MAGNIFICENT!!) etc.
However, there is no memory of a spoken slavic idiom, the inhabitants cannot explain the names of their villages, and also here there is no evidence of Kyril script.
Also the inhabitants of the mountainous Roumeli use several slavic words e.g. Dobros is an honest person.
There also the villages of the "arvanites" people that speaking a medieval albanic dialect, whose some of the villages have slavic names!!!!! Topolia (lefkes), Hlebotsari (Hleb: bread, wheat) etc. Again locals cannot explain how, and there is no historic data.

There is no historic evidence on how and when slavs came to the south. But there is undoubtful evidence for this. The absence of Kyrilic script shows that they migrated massively before becoming Christians by Kyril during the 9th century.
Also there is no historical evidence of battles.
So one possible conclusion is that Slavs migrated massively and peacfully to the south of Greece, probably during the 7th century AC.
As they were coming they were becoming Christians, and adopting the Greek alphabet and language, and getting mixed to the local population that was then in decline. However they influenced the Greek language a lot: Platan, Petuh (Peteinos) etc, even poutsos (cock) is a slavonic word.

I hope that fools like the GreekSlav will not erect claims for the mountains of Peloponese too.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
PAVLOS_MELAS
(Login ION_DRAGOUMIS)

SKATA

No score for this post
June 13 2005, 1:07 PM 

RE FILE TI ASXOLEISAI ME TI LESVIA!LINA R U PUSSY LICKER?R U FAT SHORT BULG FROM SKOPJE?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.
Anonymous
(Login besarab)

Re: To Lina: Slavs and southern Greece

No score for this post
June 13 2005, 1:21 PM 

eyyy greeks-dont quarrel bre ha ha haa

Dr. Indiana Johnson
(Login Dr.Johnson)

No score for this post
June 13 2005, 1:23 PM 

DONT SWEAR YOU MANNERLESS GREEK PEASANT!!!
LINA IS A LADY!!

Greeks have always been mannerless peasants!
Dr.Johnson

gjore
(Login gjore)

No score for this post
June 14 2005, 4:01 PM 

this guy sounds like manoses' brother(or sister if you prefer)

Alexandros
(Login AlexThessaloniki)

Well Nick, of course o Sklavos will erect objections

No score for this post
June 14 2005, 4:56 PM 

specially when you mention that poutsos is of slvavonic(not bulgarski) origin he will feel obliged to en erection!

PAVLOS_MELAS
(Login ION_DRAGOUMIS)

SKATA

No score for this post
June 14 2005, 6:01 PM 

TO EVERY SLAVONIAN BULG MR OFSKI OR SKATOFSKI POUTANOFSKI DICKOFSKI ****OFSKI MONGOLOFSKI ETC ETC...GO KILL YOUR SELFS..GIPSIES

LinaBG
(Login LinaBG)

Kido

No score for this post
June 14 2005, 7:59 PM 

Listen to me glorious hellenic or whatever greek kido.You've mistaken me with someone else but one thing is obvious your hate and offensive language are unbelivable.Is that what they teach you at your shcool or may be kindergarden.If you are teenager(what I doubt) you better leave your pc,go find a girlfriend,have sex and drink more uzo.It might help your problems.If you don't get measures, soon you might need professional help in a mental hospital.

Nene91
(Login Nene91)

No score for this post
June 14 2005, 8:04 PM 

PAVLOS MALAKIS- Abe aj dosta. Epten si dosaden.

LinaBG
(Login LinaBG)

No score for this post
June 14 2005, 8:55 PM 

Thanks for the topic Nick.Can you please tell something for the pomaks in Northern Greece.
I'll appreciate that.

bulgarian
(Login newnov)

No score for this post
June 14 2005, 11:54 PM 

Hi Lina you don't know the customs in Greece they don't start with girlfriend. Their teenagers are starting with boyfriend and I'm serious I'm not saying this to insult them.

Istor the Macedonian
(Login istor)

No score for this post
June 14 2005, 11:58 PM 

Newmov,

You are MALAKAS and you don't deserve a word but maybe you can think:

Have you ever seen how did we Greeks make scultures of girls ?? Have you ever seen Aphtodite of Melos ?

Istor
Macedonians were always Greeks

AlexandrosThessaloniki
(Login AlexThessaloniki)

Newnov boy, you must be a pupil of Daskalos-kolomparas Piperoskatidis

No score for this post
June 15 2005, 6:03 AM 

so you know all about homofylofilia! Yes??? and maybe it is therefore OuranioToxo alligned with "gay and lesbians front" in Hellas for the elections??!! Things are more clear than you thought,bratko moi.Veliki pozdrav od Thessaloniki-Makedonia-Ellada-Europe.

bulgarian
(Login newnov)

No score for this post
June 15 2005, 12:40 PM 

He, he istor what proving the sculpure of girls probably you got sculpure of animals too is this prove something.

Do you have the sculpture of goats in your islands? probably you done it.

And please show respect to the ladies in this forum, in private case to Lina.

Greek Slav
(Login GreekSlav)

No score for this post
June 15 2005, 1:00 PM 

Hello Lina. Pavlos Malakas is extremely fouled mouth. He especially speaks very dirty to woman, which is a disgrace. It is obvious he can never get a girlfriend and he is very angry about that. He also screams, curses, and spits because he is a very short boy of about 1 meter tall and needs to make himself seem big and mean.

He needs to respect women much better than he is. Does he realize that it was a woman that brought him to this earth? Does he realize that if it was not for women, mankind would already have destroyed themselves.

So I think to compensate for his inability to get a girlfriend, he does sheep! Poor guy.

The only thing he does is make my Dronika laugh until she cries. She is amazed at all the words he makes up and how pathetic he is.

Thank you, Pavlos, for making us all laugh.

Now, Pavlos, did you say that you are leaving this forum? Yes, I think you did. What the hell are you waiting for? Goodbye already.

Istor the Macedonian
(Login istor)

No score for this post
June 15 2005, 2:39 PM 

Newnov,

You make me (re)hate Bulgarians. We have made big efforts in Greece to forget Bulgarian behave in Greece before 1950. Don't push us to remember the past.

And I send the lines below because I am sure you will suffer when reading them:

=====================================
A. Balabanov: "Bulgaria and classic Civilization" :
"Bulgaria is near the source. She always was near. And if she has something
important in her past she owes it to this neighborhood. Even the spirit of the freedom, even the struggle for liberation and the fights against Greek domination we owe to the Greek teachers. Liberation struggle!!! We fought Greeks with their own arrows. Our language was developed so early and has this great flexibility and productivity, three or four centuries before Westerners, because of our neighborhood with Greek antiquity. Because of our touch with Byzantium.
Because three or four centuries before Western Europe we had the opportunity to drink the water from the SOURCE of Civilization. We in Bulgaria must understand very well those thoughts and love them !! "
( My translation to English from the translation to Greek by A. Andriotis 1937).
===================================

What about Lina? I do respect all ladies.

Istor

bulgarian
(Login newnov)

No score for this post
June 15 2005, 3:25 PM 

yes when I speak for greeks I mean people like Manos, Pavlos and etc. they are majority and is nothing new in world that greeks hate bulgarians the diffrence is that they can show this and can hide it.

See what you done to Ivet Lavova.
The private expirience of my very closed friend in Greece show that we have nothing to lose from the hate of greeks they always hate us and this can not be change this is in your nature. friends of mine got btoken tooth, broken chine and etc. only because they had not greeks.

You hate us by default only thing which stopped you is your fear.

Balabanov wrote you are our teacher. bulgarians never had real nazi you teach us for this see the year 1926 this is the beginnig of our nazi period see what you done to bulgarians , to one weak demilitary country like bulgaria.

The problem is that bulgarians never been nationalist. you are !!!
and you teach us. do you think that I will have this negative way of thinking to greeks in general if the private expirience did't show your fox nazi nature of stealing, repressing beating of people?
Sorry if insult you because you look diffrent , and for your homosexual life is true the greek girl told me that the present greeks boys have nothing to do with the ancient greeks they are rubish, of course she was more intelligent then your average level in Greece.

)) Greeks are Nazi and they teach people arround them

bulgarian
(Login newnov)

No score for this post
June 15 2005, 3:29 PM 

And I know that you did't say nothing to line but more of the greeks here insult the ladies and privetely they insulting bulgarians(macedonians) ladies from the begining of this forum, noone do this except greeks

Istor the Macedonian
(Login istor)

No score for this post
June 15 2005, 3:43 PM 

And do you think that any Greek represent all Greeks ?? Dop you think that a Greek girl represents all Greeks and is right when she talks about all Greeks??

Do you see that you pesent Greeks as IDIOTS: "they have no reason to hate Bulgarians but they do hate them" ! Is this what you say for Greeks ?

Sorry, I cannot answer to such stupidities.
Would you please stop talking with your a.ss ??

Istor

bulgarian
(Login newnov)

No score for this post
June 15 2005, 4:08 PM 

istor is true they hate without reason, but they hate not only bulgarians they hate more of the people diffrent then greeks.
they educated you in school in nationalisam and is good that you got army in which your nationalisam cool down.

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on PoliticsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement