<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

SUGGESTION

October 31 2008 at 5:32 PM
No score for this post

KanuniSS  (Login KanuniSS)

How about belligerent nations would be “Macedonian Slavs” and “Macedonian Greeks”?

Everybody is Macedonian, everybody is happy...

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Viktor
(Login Wiktor20)

Re: SUGGESTION

No score for this post
November 1 2008, 3:46 PM 

Look my friend, the Macedonian Greeks do not consider themselves a separate nation, they call themselves Macedonians only in a regional sense, not to mention that most of them originally came from Pontia region and today's Turkey, Macedonians on the other hand consider themselves a Macedonian nation and as such have a right of self-determination, of course the Greeks and the Bulgarians can also use Macedonia, Macedonian at their will, but there is only one Macedonian nation, and the prefix Slav is absurdity, cause no other Slavic speaking nation carries it, and Macedonians are genetically less Slavic than the Russians, for example.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

Viktor
(Login Wiktor20)

No score for this post
November 1 2008, 3:57 PM 

Also, when a Greek says "I am Macedonian" it means I am from the geographical area Macedonia, I was born or I live there. And a Macedonian by nationality could have never seen Macedonia, he might be born in Australia or anywhere, but when he says I am Macedonian, he means that is my nationality my identity.
And:

"Article 15.

(1) Everyone has the right to a nationality.

(2) No one shall be arbitrarily deprived of his nationality nor denied the right to change his nationality."
Universal Declaration of Human Rights

KanuniSS
(Login KanuniSS)

No score for this post
November 1 2008, 11:47 PM 

Firstly I want to mention that I agree with “(1) Everyone has the right to a nationality.” and I am for the name of “Republic of Macedonia”. Regarded as founders of Republic of Macedonia, Slav-orthodox(dominantly) Macedonian people will be called as Macedonians(such as "Americans" or "WASP Americans"). It was already recognized by most of the world.

I've already not meant it for the entire Greeks. I meant it for Greeks who live in geographical southern Macedonia region surrounding Salonica, in return for solving Macedonian name dispute in Greek side. In business life for example, political names often occur problems. No one pays so much attention to who are original descendants of whom in modern world. International disputes are rather used for political purposes. No one cares about whether Taiwan is a republic or not except for external affairs desks of regional powers for example. Everybody would be more beneficial with a little detail...

Viktor
(Login Wiktor20)

No score for this post
November 4 2008, 11:15 PM 

I understand what are you trying to say. But, these negotiations are regarding the name of the country, and only in the international relations. The national identity must be out of the negotiations. No one has a right to determine what nationality will we be. And for the name of the country, I am not against our country to be called "Northern Macedonia" in order to make a difference with the region in Greece, which could be called South Macedonia. And since the term Macedonians when referred to us means a nationality, and when referred to the people in the Greek part of Macedonia, means only regional origin, we can use the term Greek Macedonians. I see a little problem when we are talking about the people that are Macedonians by nation and live in Greece. Although Greece denies their existence we must have a proper name for them. They are Macedonians both by nation and regionally but they are Greeks by citizenship. Just like the, for example, Turks in Macedonia, are Macedonians regionally, they can be Greeks, or Macedonians by citizenship and they are Turks by nation. We just have to make a clear distinction between regional identity , national identity and citizenship and no naming problems will occur.

KanuniSS
(Login KanuniSS)

No score for this post
November 9 2008, 2:22 AM 

That's exactly what I mean, a regional identity. Something like "Upper Identity(Turkish)" and "Lower Identity(True Ethnic Origin)" definitions in Turkey.

Mac Mako
(Login MacMako)

No score for this post
January 5 2009, 4:47 PM 

This whole issue is quite a waste of time. I am appalled at all the time and money Greece is wasting on this.

If a Greek calls himself "Macedonian", it only means that he is from Northern Greece, like an American living in the Northeast part of USA would say "I am a Yankee". No difference. I understand this. You understand this. And surprisely, Greeks do, too. But it is the Greek government that has to make a mountain out of a molehill about it.

amerinako
(Login amerinako)

No score for this post
January 5 2009, 11:54 PM 

"I am a Yankee".
You are such an outdated idiot, yankee wow haven't heard that used to describe someone from the north since the civil war. Hi you might want to get your head out of your ass and wake up, it's 2009 BUDALO

Mac Mako
(Login MacMako)

No score for this post
January 6 2009, 12:53 AM 

[linked image]

Viktor
(Login Wiktor20)

No score for this post
June 23 2009, 5:16 AM 

It looks like I had a vision happy.gif). The name Northern Macedonia is what it seems to be the final offer to both Republic of Macedonia and the Hellenic Republic to settle this issue once and for all.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on PoliticsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement