Emulation is fine for OLDER QB program compatability, but....

by Clippy (Login burger2227)
R

I recently found that ENVIRON$("PROMPT") is not listed in the Windows list of settings just like "BLASTER". Galleon can "emulate" that, but what if you are making a NEW program and you don't care because QB64 can play sounds and Windows 98 is something you never met?(The prompt can return the windows version in 95 or 98)

Obviously Galleon wants people to have Windows options since he has created great additions to the Basic idea. I think that is when FB decided to use switches in the command line. That is one of FB's downfalls to me especially because the default is more "Windowy". But that will obviously need to be addressed somehow.

Ted

Posted on Feb 8, 2010, 11:36 AM

Respond to this message   

Return to Index

Response TitleAuthor and Date
Re: Emulation is fine for OLDER QB program compatability, but....Laanan Fisher on Feb 8
 That is exactly what I was questioning. But compaibility comes FIRST!Clippy on Feb 8
  Re: That is exactly what I was questioning. But compaibility comes FIRST!Laanan Fisher on Feb 8
   YOU are the MAIN reason I DON'T like you contributing to the QB64 WIKI!Clippy on Feb 9
    hey burgerbluebear on Feb 9
     * Capitalization defines my Keywords just like QB keywords. Is QB yelling at us?Clippy on Feb 9
      * QB keywords are case-insensitive; the IDE is yelling at you.Laanan Fisher on Feb 9
       * Should I take it personally? LOLClippy on Feb 9
        * Nah, you seem to take enough too personally already. LOLLaanan Fisher on Feb 9
         * Personally, I'd like to see the FB WIKI...:-)Clippy on Feb 9
          * It's not a secret: www.freebasic.net/wikiLaanan Fisher on Feb 9
           * I had to look for it on the FB page, but the link is there. Will comment @ QB64 site.Clippy on Feb 9
            *Hey talking in the titles is much more convenient ; )bluebear on Feb 9
             Who are you?Clippy on Feb 9
              Well...bluebear on Feb 10
   FB went in the right direction I believeBen on Feb 9
    Re: FB went in the right direction I believeLaanan Fisher on Feb 10
     Ben is a 16 year old kid who likes to make inflaming comments!Clippy on Feb 10
      ...Laanan Fisher on Feb 10
       You both are comparing apples to oranges. FB is obviously more advanced.Clippy on Feb 10
        Re: You both are comparing apples to oranges. FB is obviously more advanced.Laanan Fisher on Feb 10
         * If they drop the QB option, they should take BASIC out of the name too!Clippy on Feb 10
          * Why? Microsoft evolved QB into VB, and VB to this day still has BASIC in the name...RpgFan on Feb 10
           * GOT YA again, LOLClippy on Feb 10

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement