QBasic Forum BASIC Discussion Board

[QB FAQ] [QB Archives, Links and Downloads] [Subforums and Chat Room] [Search]

Run QBasic Code on Modern Systems:  QB64   Post Code or Ask for Help:  Post Code   Homework Policy

Message TitleAuthor and Date
codemn on Jan 30
 moremn on Jan 30
  *this is a case for x 98 chr returning "b" but x "b" chr also returning "b&mn on Jan 30
   this is bettermn on Jan 30
Run and gun vs. a well thought out plan...Pete on Jan 28
 most of the coding i do, i do for funmn on Jan 28
 Even as a professional programmer, I used the run and gun method.Kewbie on Jan 28
  I'm like you, in that regard, Kewbie...TheBOB on Jan 28
  And that's why they invented JavaBen on Jan 29
   It's an interesting thought in the progress of technologyBen on Jan 29
    As in all game engines are created equal.Pete on Jan 29
     * Great points Bob... and sadly I think Pete's right about games.STx on Jan 30
     * OOPS, that's Ben, not BobSTx on Jan 30
      Bill, have you checked? My hunch is what you have is a theoretical degree in physics.Pete on Jan 30
       *****Clippy on Jan 30
        Nobody says that about Pete's mother! *Asterisk Police on Jan 30
         * LOL, caught me that time. I had to keep trimming it down to fit!Pete on Jan 30
       * I don't work my ass off to be called a fraud by Pete. F*CK OFF with that.STx on Jan 31
        Settle down Sheldon...Pete on Jan 31
         * You prolly wouldn't know a physicist from a psyclist anyway, so why would I answer you?STx on Jan 31
          * Sounds like a Schwinn, Schwinn situation to me.Pete on Jan 31
           very funnyJim on Jan 31
            But in Bill's defense, he has lots of experience working with sine waves...Pete on Jan 31
             * Half-dead cats aside, I get the sense Pete doesn't know the first thing about physics.STx on Feb 1
              I skipped ahead, I know the last thing about pyhysics, and also biophysics.Pete on Feb 1
               *What happens to an object in Vegas remains in VegasSir Isaac on Feb 1
*Projects promoting programming in "natural language" are intrinsically doomed to fail.E.W. Dijkstra on Jan 27
 DIJKSTRA considered deadmn on Jan 27
i'm finally convinced, basic is a cultmn on Jan 27
 I didn't completely read everything you said,Kewbie on Jan 27
  what i was apologizing for, was simply thismn on Jan 27
   Hey, I WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree that I know nothing about it, and...Kewbie on Jan 27
    the only thing more tiring than arguing here would BE expecting people to agreemn on Jan 27
 Re: i'm finally convinced, basic is a cultGets on Jan 27
  is there such a thing as a very elaborate straw man? you seem to have built onemn on Jan 27
   *JUST* to clear the record,Kewbie on Jan 27
    ...mn on Jan 27
   This title has 5 words.Luke on Jan 27
    *all true.mn on Jan 27
    *WRONG! It had FOUR words and a number. ;)SMcNeill on Jan 27
     * `echo "This title has 5 words."|wc -w` gives 5.Luke on Jan 27
      I actually find that rather interesting.SMcNeill on Jan 27
       * I think for numbers over 100, use digits. If <100, spell it out.STx on Jan 28
        Did they teach that in theoretical physics, or is it written on your sippy cup?Pete on Jan 28
         *Pete, surely you KNOW that fifty-7 percent of all rules are made to be broken! :-DKewbie on Jan 29
          * SMART A55Pete on Jan 29
           *That's A$$, dumbA55. Ewe get a ph!Kewbie on Jan 29
            Careful Kew...Pete on Jan 29
             * is this the Grammar Club now?Clippy on Jan 29
              * You'd better hope not.Pete on Jan 29
             Believe me, Pete, I gave that some thot.Kewbie on Jan 29
         * LOL @ sippy cup. Ya kill me Pete! (Although I think I'm right.)STx on Jan 29
        In IEEE standard it's <10Ben on Jan 29
         * That's what I remember from school, in a lifetime far, far away.Pete on Jan 29
         * Yup, 10's more like it. Nice1.STx on Jan 30
 You really need a breakBen on Jan 27
  it's probably considered polite in australia to pop into a chat and call people cluelessmn on Jan 27
   Re: it's probably considered polite in australia to pop into a chat and call people cluelessSMcNeill on Jan 27
    *yes, thank you for that, brother mcneillmn on Jan 27
   Interesting ordealBen on Jan 27
    LOL at clueless, as if your 'clues' matter.Ben on Jan 27
     *this is good for an insult, but not much for refuting anythingmn on Jan 27
    Re: Interesting ordealmn on Jan 27
     Re: Interesting ordealThe Ghost of Mennonite Past on Jan 27
      that was total sarcasmmn on Jan 27
     Was clearly a joking postBen on Jan 28
      well, you could always setup a filter proxy...mn on Jan 28
_TITLE is AWESOME!Kewbie on Jan 27
 Sorry, we're phresh out of parades...Pete on Jan 27
  Ok, I can accept that.Kewbie on Jan 27
   Your education is tops. Your assessment just wasn't well knit together.Pete on Jan 27
    it's my fault, i believe, i convinced kew to try qb64mn on Jan 27
     I don't feel misguided in the least. You managed to pique my curiosity about QB64...Kewbie on Jan 27
      *thanks, i feel bettermn on Jan 27
    *Help --> About says QB64 Version 0.980Kewbie on Jan 27
     Re: *Help --> About says QB64 Version 0.980SMcNeill on Jan 27
I'm sure I will take over the world when I get my "F" key repaired...Pete on Jan 27
 *Or you could always go after the PhrenchKewbie on Jan 27
new five year plan for this forummn on Jan 27
 *You'll need to, as I'm certain it won't be you...SMcNeill on Jan 27
  *whatever. it'll take five years just for you to match clippy's intellect.mn on Jan 27
   * Personally, I'd ask him for a refund, but he probably already spent it on straw.Pete on Jan 27
    i have a much better ideamn on Jan 27
     * Have fun and code sounds better, Steve and the pests, aside.Pete on Jan 28
      HFACmn on Jan 28
     * Menn, stop naming me and my circumstances or else.STx on Jan 28
      don't EVER talk to me again, william f barnes.mn on Jan 28
       Yet ANOTHER "I'll never talk to you again post" by menn.SMcNeill on Jan 28
        This from the guy who doesn't know if he's coming or going.Pete on Jan 28
         Re: This from the guy who doesn't know if he's coming or going.SMcNeill on Jan 28
          And that's why I refer to you as the Amusing Steve...Pete on Jan 28
         i have witnessed brother mcneill's flaccid comprehension and contextectomies beforemn on Jan 28
       * Let me clarify this "threats" thing.STx on Jan 29
        Asterisks are reserved symbols for titles without message text.Pete on Jan 29
         * My bad, my bad. I knew that...STx on Jan 29
menn, here's a fig leaf in pure QB...TheBOB on Jan 26
 thanks so much, i'll have to try this as soon as i can... hour or twomn on Jan 26
  *It was just for the fun of it--I didn't mean it to be THE logo.TheBOB on Jan 26
 * Freaking amazing.Pete on Jan 26
  *Thanks, Pete. I was going to show the figs, but that would defeat its whole purpose.TheBOB on Jan 26
   * I'm getting on in years, but could probably create Raisin BASIC. How's your grapeleaf?Pete on Jan 26
    *LOL--you're too modest.TheBOB on Jan 26
 gorgeous...mn on Jan 26
  Thanks! Here's a 48x48 reduction of the QBasic fig leaf...TheBOB on Jan 27
   *perfect. now, all i gotta do is write a language for it.mn on Jan 27
    *LOL--can't help you there!TheBOB on Jan 27
 * Nice job Bob. I'd need a leaf about 6 times that size, but the tiny one suits menn.STx on Jan 27
  *yes, there are no leaves big enough... no one's a bigger dick than bill.mn on Jan 27
i'm like 90% certain "GD" was steve or stax...mn on Jan 26
 Re: i'm like 90% certain "GD" was steve or stax...SMcNeill on Jan 26
  * It wasn't me. Why would I play with mn under an alias?STx on Jan 26
   there's always a chance it's not you.mn on Jan 26
  i'm pretty sure you have a couple times, but i don't think it's you, and i didn't beforemn on Jan 26
   * You are still wrong, menn. Just stop now.Bill=STx on Jan 26
    you first...mn on Jan 26
     Clearly paranoia has set in... *Clippy on Jan 26
      if by "paranoia" you mean applying logic to recent events as a curiosity, sure.mn on Jan 26
       * Menn probably believes that jew reptilians run everything, too.STx on Jan 26
        *it's not inconceivable i'd benefit. i could likely live in israel on the law of returnmn on Jan 26
     I should respond to this a little bit.STx on Jan 26
      suit yourself...mn on Jan 26
       Re: suit yourself...Ben on Jan 26
        oh, nothing at all...mn on Jan 27
         * There's already been a c++ implemenation for months. Read the website.STx on Jan 27
i wanted to do this in "pig basic" but it doesn't exist, so here's a hog for qb64mn on Jan 26
 *Hey, neat. Great pig AND grass, menn!TheBOB on Jan 26
  *what, you do ascii now too? renaissance man, you are. thanks very much!mn on Jan 26
   again, thank youmn on Jan 27
HALF of EVERY POST here are Mennonites YET...he needs MONOSPACE in OFF TOPIC?Clippy on Jan 26
 But all the BS in the community forum is yours...Pete on Jan 26
  WHAT is BASIC about converting code to Python or Nudity?Clippy on Jan 26
   ROFL...mn on Jan 26
    Post it in you Python Forum. The only thing you run besides your mouth! *Clippy on Jan 26
     here's why i haven't...mn on Jan 26
  (as much as i hate to say it)mn on Jan 26
   GO AHEAD AND TRY MORON! *Clippy on Jan 26
    * try what, exactly????? on Jan 26
the law of conservation of complexitymn on Jan 26
 * complexity can neither be created or destroyed = not true (search 2nd law of thermo)Thermodynamics Police on Jan 26
  funny thing,it said "regarding compilers and interpreters,"which are fictional constructsmn on Jan 26
   * Fair enough. Just adding that the 2nd law also applies to info theory, not just thero.STx on Jan 26
    i'm a hobbyist, not a scientists, but i'm not sure that science disagrees with me (url)mn on Jan 26
     i don't think you were right, but either way u werent interested in intellectual pursuitmn on Jan 26
A problem with the name "nudity" mn picked for his new BASIC language...Pete on Jan 25
 must be a local thing, try searching from the eastern half of the country insteadmn on Jan 25
  i think there will be a "fig leaf basic" but it will be more like logo.mn on Jan 25
   in an ideal world: separate parsers / language output / librariesmn on Jan 25
request for thebob: fig leaf logomn on Jan 25
 *plus if "nudity" doesn't work out, i can always call it "fig basic."mn on Jan 25
  *Would that be related to fig forth?Kewbie on Jan 25
   *no, never heard of fig forth until nowmn on Jan 25
   No, but it would be easier to fork an orange. Sorry Apple.Pete on Jan 25
    well, here is the idea for fig basicmn on Jan 26
     * it also makes the name very appropriate, because it "covers up" almost all punctuationmn on Jan 26
     This language is doomed from the get goSMcNeill on Jan 26
      thanks for stopping by, stevemn on Jan 26
       Regarding RPNLuke on Jan 26
        thanks luke, i don't think it would be too difficult eithermn on Jan 26
         It's really hard not to like Luke...Pete on Jan 26
          luke holds this place togethermn on Jan 26
           * Luke IS a total mystery. Definitely smarter than me.STx on Jan 26
            *clippy is probably smarter than you.mn on Jan 26
 complete syntax as of 0.2 (next version will be terse)mn on Jan 25
  possible terse alternatives for full command setmn on Jan 25
 *I'll see what I can come up with--public domain is fine (mostly what I do these days).TheBOB on Jan 25
  Here are some fig leaves...TheBOB on Jan 25
   *those are perfect! thank you so much.mn on Jan 25
    *Great--you're welcome.TheBOB on Jan 25
galleon is shackled to opengl, but not to glutmn on Jan 24

9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 

<< Prev

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement