QBasic Forum BASIC Discussion Board

[QB FAQ] [QB Archives, Links and Downloads] [Subforums and Chat Room] [Search]

Run QBasic Code on Modern Systems:  QB64   Post Code or Ask for Help:  Post Code   Homework Policy

Message TitleAuthor and Date
pete, can you remove this from the downloads section?mn on Nov 13
 YEAH, get him out of my tutorial list! I only have one listed...Clippy on Nov 13
  *either one of those would be fine, thanks.mn on Nov 13
 * Added a heading separator.Pete on Nov 13
Dammit Jim, I'm a chiropractor, not a librarian!Pete on Nov 13
 you're being forced into one by your constraintsmn on Nov 13
  Everybody knows that NETBOOKS are garbage!Clippy on Nov 13
   yes, everyone on zdnet. also you're supporting my point...mn on Nov 13
 It occurs to me, Bones...TheBOB on Nov 13
  *Sure, be an enabler!Scotty on Nov 13
  Re: It occurs to me, Bones...Pete on Nov 14
   *Sounds good--"To boldly go where no man has more-or-less gone before!"TheBOB on Nov 14
PNG encoder and decoder postedDaniel Nice on Nov 11
 Link to big QB programs areaDaniel Nice on Nov 11
  *Looks like it would work great (I don't have 7.1). Sorry Pete, never studied .PNG files.TheBOB on Nov 13
 That was Dan Nice of you.Pete on Nov 11
 * COMMON SHARED is only needed to pass variable data to another CHAINed module.Clippy on Nov 12
  re: common sharedDaniel Nice on Nov 12
   I used COMMON SHARED for the same reason...Pete on Nov 12
    * Sorry guys, lost two replies trying to clean up all the duplicate posts.Pete on Nov 12
     *Was one of the replies you trashed my PNG-PONG joke?TheBOB on Nov 13
      * You mean the one about how to put a jpeg in an ahole?Pete on Nov 13
My First GRAPHICS Program!Pete on Nov 9
 well you know, someone just had to make a screen 0 version (may require tweaks)mn on Nov 10
  LOL - If I wanted a SCREEN 0 version, I would have asked Steve... in about 2 years.Pete on Nov 10
   if it didn't look like garbage, that's a good signmn on Nov 10
   Why you always picking on Steve? Clippy on Nov 11
    * Because I'm retired and I don't like a challenge. :)Pete on Nov 11
 *(Sob, sob..) For some reason I feel like a proud papa--well, older brother, anyway.TheBOB on Nov 10
a question for KN Kewbie Newbie about Q Basic Beautifier (url)mn on Nov 8
 Let's call that version QBB 0.9. Almost ready for prime timeKewbie on Nov 9
  Your code needs some cleaning up...Pete on Nov 9
   *No $#17Kewbie on Nov 9
    found this TYPE programClippy on Nov 11
You really have to appreciate PCOPYPete on Nov 7
 *Neat! Is memory a problem with mobile BASIC?TheBOB on Nov 7
  I don't recall...Pete on Nov 8
screen 0, 12, and graphicsmn on Nov 6
 as for breaking new ground, pushing boundaries and doing new things...mn on Nov 6
One problem with using UltraBoard in the new Code Posting Forum...Pete on Nov 6
 it's time somoene converted kew's program to javascript anywaymn on Nov 6
  * Ultraboard has been around for several years.Pete on Nov 6
 Fixed it!Pete on Nov 6
  *"it's only linux, it isn't javascript" :)mn on Nov 6
freebasic, harold! freebasic is loose in the garden!menn is getting weird now on Nov 5
 That's a liberal supply of bait, or is it a supply of Liberal bait?The Bait Shop on Nov 5
  i remember...mn on Nov 6
   just wanna injectSTxAxTIC on Nov 7
    What compatibility issues? You're comparing apples to oranges!Clippy on Nov 7
     believe it or not, there are still reasons to use screen 0mn on Nov 7
      Oh pooh! SHOW ME that SCREEN 0 saves anything!Clippy on Nov 7
       it's like you think that if you're not using something, it doesn't existmn on Nov 7
        Copy and Paste? Console maybe...still not a problem in VGAClippy on Nov 7
         *not to mention: screen 12 has superceded 0 for 25+ years, & they didn't ditch 0 *then*mn on Nov 7
          Ditch it? Microsoft pretty much ABANDONED QB, so what would you expect?Clippy on Nov 7
           *funnily enough, they didn't "ditch qb" before porting gui controls back to screen 0:) on Nov 7
            FUNNILY? ***Clippy on Nov 7
             *amusingly/curiously/etc: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/funnilymn on Nov 7
     * Clippy, no speak unless spoken to. Good dog.STxAxTIC on Nov 7
  BAITER!...*Clippy on Nov 7
Writing a QBasic Save LibraryPete on Nov 4
 doesn't it have a shell command?mn on Nov 4
Switched the Codeforum to Ultraboard layout.Pete on Nov 4
 *ideal choice. should make clippy happy too. (it hides my comments, he should like *that*)mn on Nov 4
 is it possible to move an entire thread from one subforum to another?mn on Nov 4
  It's like that movie, The Jerk...Pete on Nov 4
   *no it's worse, because at least in the jerk, there's a funny stevemn on Nov 4
    i must've hit post too quickly. otherwise when you opened it up it could have said...mn on Nov 4
     Not a moderator's messageNot Pete on Nov 5
      That's great, But the Movie is called "The Jerk!" so, you know...Not Really Steve Martin on Nov 5
      sorry steve, what you're looking for is respect. respect is earned.mn on Nov 5
 about the new headingsmn on Nov 4
  ugh, sorry, the first time i said "headings," i meant "titles"/layout, which i lmn on Nov 4
   hmm, maybe i change my mindcrystal on Nov 5
if i do an experiment with fb, which subforum is the best to talk about the results on?mn on Nov 4
 *i chose the computer discussion forum. feel free to suggest another for future ref.mn on Nov 4
  steve has some great ideas, by the waymn on Nov 4
galleon has totally jumped the sharkmn on Nov 3
 You have to appreciate the comic irony in this...Pete on Nov 3
  actally i don'tmn on Nov 3
   *I'm turning in my badge! You people (esp. menn) are hopeless! h-o-p-e-l-e-s-s, hopeless!Spelling Police on Nov 3
  actually (there, i got it that time,) the comical part is this:mn on Nov 3
   Breaking News: Galleon removes SCREEN 0 from QB64.Pete on Nov 3
    that wouldn't be anything like screen 0, but it's a great ideamn on Nov 3
     I had to use a gif loader to accomplish nearly that...Pete on Nov 3
      it's funny he treats us like idiots, when he has so many ideas you and i have hadmn on Nov 4
       i'm not accusing him of doing it on purpose, or necessarily at all. in fact...mn on Nov 4
        Does seem like itThe Irony Police on Nov 4
         it's no problemmn on Nov 4
         * To anyone other than a dullard, that was a running gag joke.Dullard Police on Nov 4
          *It's just the way you tell it that makes it not funnyComedy Critic on Nov 4
           * Yeah, maybe if I had written it in binary.Geek Alert on Nov 4
            *man, where's the irony police when a guy who can't tell basic from c calls people "geeks"mn on Nov 4
             * You can't balme the 64ers. They don't have an interpreter., D Central on Nov 4
              I've always wondered why a compiler can't be an interpreter. Now it's both!Not really Steve on Nov 5
               *the world isn't ready for this kind of power, you have to stop, the economy is collapsingmn on Nov 5
                The next version of QB64 will optimize the orbits of nearby solar systems!A Modest Developer on Nov 5
               Wee Woo Wee Wee! Pull over the thought train! You're under arrest!The Fallacy Police on Nov 5
                QB64 has finally reached maturity. Here's how to install it to the MBR:A 'Mature' QB64 on Nov 5
    you know, source code (and free licenses) really (really) aren't the problem...mn on Nov 3
About the New Code ForumPete on Nov 3
 thanksmn on Nov 3
  * You can call me Crystal, and Crystal when you call me you can call me Pete.Pete on Nov 3
   *thanks pete. i saw that a mile away.crystal on Nov 3
QB64 Tip: Try "qb64 -q test.bas" instead of "qb64 -c test.bas"Ben on Nov 3
 hey, the ide works pretty wellmn on Nov 3
  i've been spoiled with vimBen on Nov 3
   *i only used the gl one once. can use vim if it's all that's there, nano usually sufficesmn on Nov 3

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 

<< Prev Next >>

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement