QBasic Forum BASIC Discussion Board

[QB FAQ] [QB Archives, Links and Downloads] [Subforums and Chat Room] [Search]

Run QBasic Code on Modern Systems:  QB64   Post Code or Ask for Help:  Post Code   Homework Policy

Message TitleAuthor and Date
What does this program do?AlGore Rhythm on Nov 20
 *Something to do with finding a common denominator?TheBOB on Nov 21
  Clearly, I'm no math whiz...TheBOB on Nov 21
  *how did you come up with this speculation?Ben on Nov 21
   *Like I said, I'm no math whiz--just based on some of the results.TheBOB on Nov 21
 Re: What does this program do?SMcNell on Nov 21
  Actually taking time to run it...SMcNeill on Nov 22
   *That's kind of what I observed--I wish the OP/VP would return and clear it up.TheBOB on Nov 22
   SolutionAlGore Rhythm on Nov 22
    *I'm delighted you mentioned "common denominator"--I don't feel like such an idiot!TheBOB on Nov 22
 * It does Windows, and for < migrant workers.Pete on Nov 21
  And < for migrant workers?Clippy on Nov 21
   It reads, and for "less than" migrant workers.Pete on Nov 21
    I tried the code on my windows...TheBOB on Nov 22
     I gave it a try on my Mac...SMcNeill on Nov 22
    I tried to block it....Pete on Nov 22
    I'm living proof that you don't need to know more than +, -, * and /Kewbie on Nov 26
     I'm 180% proof you don't have to be sober, either.Vodka on Nov 26
     Re: I'm living proof that you don't need to know more than +, -, * and /Luke on Nov 28
Capture a screen ??? def seg mode in qb64 ???Lillolulo on Nov 18
 Re: Capture a screen ??? def seg mode in qb64 ???SMcNeill on Nov 18
  Ok but doesn't work in screen 12Lillolullo on Nov 18
  *Why is there no _SAVEIMAGE?Kewbie on Nov 19
   Here's SaveImageClippy on Nov 19
    Do you remember your big BMP bsaver project?Ben on Nov 19
     Here they are (*URL)Ben on Nov 19
      They have been there a while. You just weren't paying attention...*Clippy on Nov 19
 --------^^0^^ QB64 has a few of these Gotham problems..Pete on Nov 18
  Not likely to be of much help, Commissioner...TheBOB on Nov 18
   * I don't mind. A Thanksgiving without Charlie Sheen will be a nice improvement.Pete on Nov 18
    *ROFL--perfect!TheBOB on Nov 18
   Re: Not likely to be of much help, Commissioner...SMcNeill on Nov 18
    *Sorry, Steve, but I"m not familiar with a lot of QB64 functions. Looks good, though!TheBOB on Nov 18
Problems with FULLSCREEN modeLillolulo on Nov 18
Qb web serverSimmons on Nov 13
 QB Websever? Oh wait, didn't Hillary Clinton use one of those?Pete on Nov 13
  Steve could have one of his immigrants make one up...Clippy on Nov 13
 I think VLC can do all that.Luke on Nov 13
  * I used to use SHELL statements to do some of that.Pete on Nov 13
  I considered VLCSimmons on Nov 13
   * QB64 is neither Linux nor network friendly.Luke on Nov 13
    perhaps friendly wasnt the right wordSimmons on Nov 14
     To clarifyLuke on Nov 14
      Further clarificationSimmons on Nov 14
       Re: Further clarificationLuke on Nov 14
        Is linux QB64 compatible(ish) with win QB64?Simmons on Nov 16
         Re: Is linux QB64 compatible(ish) with win QB64?Luke on Nov 17
          It does support file locking.Pete on Nov 17
           *I meant to say QB64 on Linux specifically.Luke on Nov 17
            *Ah, I thought all QB64 statements, except Windows specific ones, ran on Linux.Pete on Nov 17
Helicopter SimulatorBen on Nov 1
 InterestingSimmons on Nov 1
 Handy tip: QB64 has an _ATAN2(x, y) functionLuke on Nov 3
  * You'll have to excuse Luke. he's a newbie... at the humor thing. :)Pete on Nov 4
  *Sorry, I don't get it. Please explain.Kewbie on Nov 4
   See, I was right... Oh, you mean you don't get the code statement.Pete on Nov 4
   Re: *Sorry, I don't get it. Please explain.Luke on Nov 6
    Luke, you misunderstand the depth of my ignorance.Kewbie on Nov 6
     Algebra 1 should have taught you enough to program equations.Clippy on Nov 6
  not my version of qb64Ben on Nov 4
   I would upgrade if _mousewheel is finally fixed under linuxBen on Nov 4
    Funny you should say thatLuke on Nov 5
     * I used to program on a honky dori. Oh wait, it was an Atari. :)Pete on Nov 5
  about atan2simmons on Nov 7
   Re: about atan2SMcNeill on Nov 7
    In QB64, _ATAN2(0, 0) is 0.Luke on Nov 7
I'm wondering how may hoops I'll need to jump through for QB64 Android apps.Pete on Oct 30
 1.1 Gig plus NDK, but all Android developers need them.Clippy on Oct 30
  Senior Quippy is wrong again...Pete on Oct 30
   Yeah and he'd probably have to rewrite QB64 too cheap ASCII! *Clippy on Oct 30
Pete, no horizontal scrollbar?Robert Claypool on Oct 27
 Scroll bar has always appeared in FireFox and IE for me.Pete on Oct 27
  No not vertical scrolling.Robert Claypool on Oct 28
   A quick workaroundKewbie on Oct 28
   *In IE and FireFox I can use +/- keys to enlarge/decrease text and get a horizontal bar.Pete on Oct 28
QB64 endian-nessSimmons on Oct 27
 Throw FreeBasic into that mix...Pete on Oct 27
 Endianness is not compiler specificRobertClaypool on Oct 27
  I figured as muchSimmons on Oct 27
   Ahh, nevermindSimmons on Oct 27
 Re: QB64 endian-nessLuke on Oct 27
  Makes senseSimmons on Oct 27
 I think big endian is counter intuitiveBen on Oct 28
  The only "advantage" of either "endian" is at the microcode levelKewbie on Oct 29
   Java: Write once, debug everywhereLuke on Oct 29
    JAVA: One size fits all, provided all are the same size.Pete on Oct 30
What ever became of mennonite/mn?Kewbie on Oct 27
 He left because you referred to him as a bitchy little girl...Pete on Oct 27
  Another great thing about having a teenager....Kewbie on Oct 27
   The subject matter of this forum does attract an eccentric crowd.Simmons on Oct 27
    Get the door, it's Dominos...Pete on Oct 27
    eccentric introverts often do just fine if theyre not constantly provokedmn on Oct 28
     No one's had any issues here for years except youBen on Oct 28
      hey, just because what you do to yourself is the national sport...mn on Oct 28
       ach, you know what pete? either way is fine.mn on Oct 28
       is it a misfortune?Ben on Oct 28
        The biggest problem, I think...Luke on Oct 29
         So you have a hard time following him on Twitter? After all...Pete on Oct 29
          *At least Twitter enforces tersenessLuke on Oct 29
           That was the joke. Twitter limits 140 characters, but may add more. And now a poem...Pete on Oct 29
         Or a drama queenBen on Oct 29
          drama queen? gladly!mn on Oct 30
           * You're one of the egotists, right?Luke on Oct 30
            If he is, I'm a bigger one.Pete on Oct 30
             If Trump gets elected president,Kewbie on Oct 30
              * and still no Clippy or democrat on Kew's list. We can see where he ranks them!SMcNeill on Oct 30
               *I'd rather see the US' first Muslim president get elected for a 3rd termKewbie on Oct 30
                LOL. me too! I'm not crazy about Hillary, but Trump just goes bankrupt to solve problems!Clippy on Oct 30
              * Bumstead? RU-kidding? The Trump sandwhich will be the biggest and best sandwhich ever!Pete on Oct 30
     Can't we all just agree that I'm the most important person here?Simmons on Oct 28
      *I Like ThisNot Really Mark Zuckerberg on Oct 28
       *It would be a bigger and better helicopter game if you could see my name on the chopper.Not Really Donald Trump on Oct 28
        *You need _TITLE for thatNot Really Donald Trump's Wig on Oct 28
  ive been focused on trying to teach programming to stubborn non-codersmn on Oct 28
   I can't remember if Dick was running after Jane, or Jane was running after Dick.Pete on Oct 28
    re: Great to see you back.mn on Oct 28
     Hey Mennonite!Computerghost on Nov 18
      youll need a copy if you want to check it outmn on Nov 18
       *it also works on android, though honestly it isnt worth itmn on Nov 18
  Re: He left because you referred to him as a bitchy little girl...Ben on Oct 28
   that goes for most people thoughmn on Oct 28
 Re: mennoniteSimmons on Oct 27
  ROFL at maybe there's an email address...Pete on Oct 27
   *LOL. True. Menno was very secretive about his personal life.Kewbie on Oct 27
    Maybe I never told you this story about Mac...Pete on Oct 27
 * mennoniteSTx on Nov 15
  I love everyone, but only in Colorado.Pete on Nov 15
   Are you high in Denver or low in LA? *Clippy on Nov 15
Chopper Commando CloneSimmons on Oct 27
 Nancy Pelosi has got to go!Pete on Oct 27
  Just a thought...Simmons on Oct 27
   Well nothing is trending yet...Pete on Oct 27
    Pete, are you sayingKewbie on Oct 27
     Android yes, in about a week if Rob keeps things on trackPete on Oct 27
   *Good idea! And we've already merged the cafe into this forum.Kewbie on Oct 27
 * Error 5 at line 138, but run it past that and it works fine.Pete on Oct 27
  Re: ErrorSimmons on Oct 27
   Re: ErrorPete on Oct 27
    Re: ErrorSimmons on Oct 27
     * Yes. And how do I shoot stuff? So far, I just crash into that vehicle.Pete on Oct 27
      Controls:Simmons on Oct 27
       * Yeah, that's fun. Very responsive controls and authentic motion/Pete on Oct 27
        Opinion requestSimmons on Oct 27
         Defender kept the ship static, and moved the surroundings.Pete on Oct 27
          Lateral scrollingSimmons on Oct 27
           Rob, AKA Galleon, at qb64.net made a neat zaxon game example.Pete on Oct 27
      When Scripture Is the Rule of LawRonaldwed on Nov 26
       IE: Sharia Law *Clippy on Nov 28
 At the risk of offending Pete...Kewbie on Oct 28
  THAT DOESN'T BELONG HERE!Pete on Oct 28
   The trouble with putting...Kewbie on Oct 28
    With all due respect...Pete on Oct 28
     Kew, kidding above aside...Pete on Oct 28
    Big programsSimmons on Oct 28
     N54 removed that "View All" feature. I miss it, too.Pete on Oct 28
 Are you planning to continue improving this program?Ben on Oct 29
  Heat seeking nuke!Simmons on Oct 29
   Side scrollerBen on Oct 29
Qbasic(ish) Microcontroller languageSimmons on Oct 25
 Basic for microprocessorsDavid on Oct 26
  RE Basic for microprocessorsSimmons on Oct 26
   GCBasicDavid on Oct 26
    DisplaysSimmons on Oct 26
     LCD dsplaysDavid on Oct 27
Any good programs out there?Simmons on Oct 22
 Good for what? If you mean free ones, they'd be good for nothing...Pete on Oct 22
  Free ones?Simmons on Oct 23
   *LOL@Free ones? Yeah, I liked the challenges of old QBasic too.TheBOB on Oct 23
   How about programming before monitors? Imagine printing everything. *Clippy on Oct 23
    I'm slowly learning your pain.Simmons on Oct 23
   Maybe you can push the limits of the IDE....Pete on Oct 23
    *what does this program do?Simmons on Oct 23
     It payed his aides slave wages on the backs of working people...*Clippy on Oct 23
     Office tasks...Pete on Oct 23
     Re: *what does this program do?SMcNeill on Oct 23
      * Thanks. Now I finally understand what farming out a project means.Pete on Oct 23
       Re: * Thanks. Now I finally understand what farming out a project means.SMcNeill on Oct 23
        The mere confession is enough for me. Plus you called yourself evil ***Clippy on Oct 24
         *Only Clippy could call a detailed clarification of an ethical arrangement a confession.TheBOB on Oct 24
          Ethical? What's ethical about paying people $5 when the customer offered $15Clippy on Oct 24
         Re: The mere confession is enough for me. Plus you called yourself evil ***SMcNeill on Oct 24
          DUH! Those farm workers were ALREADY LIVING THERE!Clippy on Oct 24
           Re: DUH! Those farm workers were ALREADY LIVING THERE!SMcNeill on Oct 24
            Do the math poor boy! Spend $1,000 while you TAKE AWAY $1,600Clippy on Oct 24
             Re: Do the math poor boy! Spend $1,000 while you TAKE AWAY $1,600SMcNeill on Oct 25
              Thus we have your entire rationale for keeping immigrants illegal. $5 an hour wages!Clippy on Oct 25
               Re: Thus we have your entire rationale for keeping immigrants illegal. $5 an hour wages!SMcNeill on Oct 25
                Try this. Pay them $15 an hour and bill those living there for services.Clippy on Oct 25
                 What the hell are you talking about now?Pete on Oct 25
                  Heh, I worked for my cheapo Republican Dad too! Go figure...Clippy on Oct 25
                   Re: Heh, I worked for my cheapo Republican Dad too! Go figure...Pete on Oct 25
                    This is hilarious!Simmons on Oct 26
                     Does anyone besides me wonderKewbie on Oct 27
                      No, it's just you. And this thread is about programs...Pete on Oct 27
                       LOL. And pretty much the response I expected from you, Pete.Kewbie on Oct 27
                 Re: Try this. Pay them $15 an hour and bill those living there for services.SMcNeill on Oct 25
                  LOL @ "My standard computer consultation fee of $75"Clippy on Oct 25
                "Hay" Steve... How did illegals make it all the way to VA?Pete on Oct 25
                 Yeah they came from Georgia after the stupid Republicans there chased them away!Clippy on Oct 25
                  Typical Liberal. Fairness, peace, equality, all until they don't get it their way...Pete on Oct 25
                   When's the first time that anybody has requested your guns back?Clippy on Oct 25
                    I'm pretty sure the only place Steve ever pointed a gun...Pete on Oct 25
                 Re: "Hay" Steve... How did illegals make it all the way to VA?SMcNeill on Oct 25
                  See, they already DO have laws about "anchors". Steve's just a Pirate!Clippy on Oct 25
                   Re: See, they already DO have laws about "anchors". Steve's just a Pirate!SMcNeill on Oct 25
                    Well you have to make a living somehow, you sure ain't very good at farmingClippy on Oct 25
                     * Steve won't give you his farm. He might sell it. I'd sure like to see you buy the farm.Pete on Oct 25
                      Re: * Steve won't give you his farm. He might sell it. I'd sure like to see you buy the farm.SMcNeill on Oct 25
                  The real problem is most do not assimilate into American culture.Pete on Oct 25
                   Yeah, all those white kids aspire to pick them just like prisoners!Clippy on Oct 25
                    Re: Yeah, all those white kids aspire to pick them just like prisoners!SMcNeill on Oct 25
                    Ignorance is no excuse for the law, If it was against the law, you'd be a dead man walkingPete on Oct 25
                     Those UPWARD JOBS were sent to China by your GOPClippy on Oct 25
                      Both parents already have to work to make a living...Pete on Oct 25
                       The companies are already there. So are a ton of good manufacturing jobs.Clippy on Oct 25
                   Re: The real problem is most do not assimilate into American culture.SMcNeill on Oct 25
                    After 70 days pay will stay at $3.50 minus 2/3 for meals. Welcome to Farm Slavery 101.Clippy on Oct 25
                     Re: After 70 days pay will stay at $3.50 minus 2/3 for meals. Welcome to Farm Slavery 101.SMcNeill on Oct 25
                      Pity the farmer who has to STEAL off of his immigrant workers!Clippy on Oct 26
                       Re: Pity the farmer who has to STEAL off of his immigrant workers!SMcNeill on Oct 26
                    Maybe you can use your programming powers for good and get a government e-Verify job.Pete on Oct 25
            Clippy is the real evil one here...Pete on Oct 24
             No Steve does not want to lose his Earned Income Tax Credits by making too much.Clippy on Oct 25
      *Way to go Steve! Yikes! 280,000 lines--and I thought Pete's was big! Good luck.TheBOB on Oct 23
       * But Steve's code finishes faster.Pete on Oct 23
      *Do yourself a favor and don't try to write the webserver in BASIC; just use a proper one.Luke on Oct 23
       Re: *Do yourself a favor and don't try to write the webserver in BASIC; just use a proper one.SMcNeill on Oct 23
        But just think of all the free orn you could download. ete on Oct 23
        Couldn't you migrate all this to MySQL? Simmons on Oct 23
         Re: Couldn't you migrate all this to MySQL?SMcNeill on Oct 24
          One of the few things in BASIC programming Steve and I agree on...Pete on Oct 24
UEVENT for QB4.5?Dave on Oct 21
 There are a couple examples in the QBKB...Dav on Oct 21
  thanksDave on Oct 21
   UEVENT is kind of obtuse and uses InterruptsClippy on Oct 23
 What are you looking to do?Luke on Oct 22
Floating point variablesSimmons on Oct 18
 SINGLE is 4 byte and DOUBLE is 8. _FLOAT is 10 bytes so farClippy on Oct 18
 A bit of C++ is required to fully understand what's going on hereLuke on Oct 22
  I know why QB64 has padding....Jack Handy on Oct 22
   Except that QB64 doesn't add paddingLuke on Oct 22
    * If you need padding under your belt, then you're bound to come up short when it counts.Pete on Oct 22
MouseDRIVER errorsSimmons on Oct 16
 One possibility with your mouse problems...TheBOB on Oct 16
  Ah, that explains itSimmons on Oct 17
   I answer my own question with minimal googlingSimmons on Oct 17
    Yes, "Chopper" is one of my programs...TheBOB on Oct 17
     You think Bob would update it...Pete on Oct 17
      *I'll give it some thought (btw, I still have a few of my original teeth).TheBOB on Oct 18
 COOOLbobby sanchez on Nov 26

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 

<< Prev

Copyright © 1999-2016 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement