BladesReunited - the SUFC forum for grown-ups

Return to Forum  

Re: Where`s the heart of the club

March 29 2010 at 9:14 PM
No score for this post
Huddersfield Blade  (Login HuddersfieldBlade)

Response to Re: Where`s the heart of the club

I agree with most of what you say DD but you really need to 'get real' with regard to Blackwell. Yes it is easy to blame the manager but this season it has mostly been hoofball at the Lane. Agreed that yesterday we did play a little bit of football but we weren't exactly playing Chelsea now were we. It is often hard to admit it to oneself but for the majority of this season and a large proportion of last season football has largely been absent at the Lane. There seems to be one or two people you can blame for that but generally speaking I am led to believe that the manager is the one who chooses the style of football and the tactics. Blackwell therefore might have had his hands tied behind his back but teams like Donnie are operating on less than a quarter of our budget and are managing to entertain their fans I do believe.

It is actually time for the fans to Unite and hope to either change the manager's mind and persuade him to play football - highly unlikely in my opinion - or get the board to appoint a new manager before we begin next season in the same fashion as we have played this season.

PS. The reason that we have had four different keepers is that he has signed two that he hasn't even used (perhaps they aren't good enough but Blackwell should know having been a keeper himself shouldn't he). And one of the reasons for our defensive instability is that one defender he signed over the summer was immediately sold (Bromby) and the two others that he signed (Stewart and Taylor) simply aren't good enough for League One let alone the Championship. Blackwell is the architect of his own problems this season. Why so many people still give him the benefit of the doubt is beyond comprehension particularly when those same people couldn't wait to jump on Warnock's back when he made similar errors of judgement.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

BladesReunited - the SUFC forum for grown-ups