BladesReunited - the SUFC forum for grown-ups

Return to Forum  

Re: Bad day at the office...

September 14 2010 at 11:20 PM
No score for this post
  (Login HuddersfieldBlade)

Response to Bad day at the office...

It was just that - a bad day at the office. We started off well and there was some good football played by us but we didn't take our chances. You could see it just wasn't going to be our day. Scunny have the hoodoo over us - I think it must be having Fatty Pressman in the management that is doing it!

I don't know if any of you have listened to Speedo's interview but he is dead right - the referee was terrible. I'm not sure what match he was watching but he made some awful decisions. There was a blatant handball in the run up to their first goal; the ref then disallowed our goal - for reasons that no-one could see and then denied us a clear penalty. Kevin Friend is not our friend - that's for sure. I wonder if Speed is onto something when he says that he needs to change the culture as referees don't tend to give us any decisions. Perhaps resulting from the whole West Ham thing, we aren't liked or from when Warnock managed us. Not sure. Mr Friend certainly didn't want to give us any decisions tonight. He did change the game in Scunny's favour but that said they took their chances and we didn't. Simmo, Nosworth and Bartley all had nightmares at the back and God was certainly on the side of the Iron tonight.

The big positive I take from the game is that Speedo's interview was an honest appraisal of the game and he gave the fans credit - they didn't get on the players' backs and were supportive. I also hope he realises that he has got to get a striker and someone with pace in that side and quickly.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

BladesReunited - the SUFC forum for grown-ups