Re: FinancesOctober 3 2010 at 6:12 PM
No score for this post
|Duncan Disorderly (no login)|
Response to Finances
I'm a bit confused as to which year these relate to. It says 'last available figures' and '2009', well these were released last Autumn, but then goes on to give details that look like they could be from 2010, although this hasn't been released yet..? Is the source reliable or one of these 'write your own facts' sites?
Taking it at face value, if the club made a 6m profit and the loans were down from 48m to 35m, thats a 19m swing which would make it clear where the cash has gone, primarily debt reduction, (McCabes loans of course) and in putting some cash in the kitty for the rainy day that seem to be just around the corner. With the last of the big spending player contracts off the plate from this season onwards, then it does appear that the club is at least getting much closer to being self funding. However, we might be reading a lot into uncorroborated information.
I'll wait for the official 2010 Annual Report...
- Re: Finances - kentblade on Oct 3, 2010, 6:18 PM
- 2010 Figures.. - bladeinthesouth on Oct 3, 2010, 7:31 PM
- Re: 2010 Figures.. - Reading Blade on Oct 5, 2010, 2:19 PM
- Re: 2010 Figures.. - Hodge on Oct 6, 2010, 1:46 PM
- Figures - Reading Blade on Oct 6, 2010, 2:08 PM
- Re: Figures - Duncan Disorderly on Oct 6, 2010, 4:47 PM
- Chengdu - Reading Blade on Oct 6, 2010, 4:57 PM