Assuming he goes...December 12 2010 at 11:47 AM
Score 3.0 (1 person)
|MancBlade (no login)|
from IP address 220.127.116.11
...and I fully expect him to, I've heard £1m in compo mentioned. For a young manager we have placed a huge amount of faith in only 3 months into his contract I would be pushing for double that.
Given our financial situation and going on past history, there is no doubt our board will be tempted to pocket that cash and go for a cheap option again. This would be false economy of the highest order. If we don't get this appointment right we will be in League 1 next season, a league which is becoming increasingly difficult year on year.
We need to add any compensation to the pot to pay a decent salary to an experienced, competent manager.
Curbishley would be my choice, Charlton are about a perfect match with Utd when looking at size of club, and his record there was excellent.
Re: Assuming he goes... - Champagneblade on Dec 12, 2010, 1:36 PM
- Chris Wilder.. - bladeinthesouth on Dec 12, 2010, 4:06 PM
- Re: Assuming he goes... - granthamblades on Dec 12, 2010, 4:18 PM
- Good call... - bladeinthesouth on Dec 12, 2010, 4:26 PM
- Re: Good call... - York Blade on Dec 13, 2010, 4:04 PM
- Superb suggestion - Saneblade on Dec 13, 2010, 5:57 PM
Re: Assuming he goes... - Pervy Blade on Dec 13, 2010, 9:11 AM