BladesReunited - the SUFC forum for grown-ups

Return to Forum  

Managers

February 20 2011 at 9:57 AM
No score for this post
bedfordblade  (no login)

Got to feel sorry for Adams. It is obvious that at least some players are not pulling their weight. A lot of them are his signings but the results are no better. The fact that Harry has arrived and some players have departed says a lot.
I do not know if Carver wanted to to stay. Did he have to go? Could he have worked under Adams?
Speedo clearly could not do it. Maybe the players were not behind him. He tried to change the style of play but it did not bring results.
Blackie, of course, rescued the team when Robson failed.We came 8th. We went to wembley the following season. McCabe then sold the better players, PK got done for taking cough medecine. Blackie then could not sign the goalie he wanted and ended up with Bunn. We still came 8th and beat Blackpool, Swansea and Ipswich in the final matches.
The football was not always pretty but the goal Millwall scored last week would not have gone in. There would have been a man on the post.
Somebody tried to tell me that blackie had lost the dressing room. Really? So why did one of the senior players kick the door in when he heard of Blackie's departure? There is no question he was having to recruit cheaper players, no transfer money and much lower wages so it was always likely to bring problems. There were those who wanted to see Sharp come back---on his wages it was never going to happen.
The club has now collapsed. It is going to take a miracle to find the 7 wins needed. Obviously it can be done.
I shall not renew my season ticket. The fans have been let down. Name a club that has done well when there have been four managers in a season. How many players will respect a club that has had four managers in a season.
Mr Birch was brought in for a reason. He has not done too well.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

BladesReunited - the SUFC forum for grown-ups