BladesReunited - the SUFC forum for grown-ups

Return to Forum  

Re: Great day for a win...

April 10 2011 at 8:07 PM
No score for this post
oldblade  (no login)

Response to Re: Great day for a win...

Very sorry to hear of your illness KB, but also very pleased that the treatment has gone well. Hope everything continues in that vein. I did start to wonder why you hadn't posted for a while.

It's a good job Walthamstow doesn't post on this forum. He'd take you to task for saying anything nice about the previous government!

I agree with your feelings about the poor decisions made at the top of the club and that we are unlikely to get back at the first attempt.

The youth team is very encouraging. I was very impressed with the high skill levels they have. They can bring a ball under control quickly. If there's no outlet they aren't afraid to hang onto it or run with it until there is an outlet. Which is a conrast to the way the first team treats the ball - as though it's a bomb that's about to go off any econd and so must be despatched immediately to anywhere.

And they can pass to players in their own team! What a change it made to watch a Sheffield United side retain possession and make numerous passes to feet!

We could do worse than give a couple of them a run in the first team. But I would prefer that it was done next season after we have had a clear out. I wouldn't want any of the youth team to be tainted with the abject failure of the current first team and pick up a defeatist mentality or any bad habits.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

BladesReunited - the SUFC forum for grown-ups