BladesReunited - the SUFC forum for grown-ups

Return to Forum  

Cheers

April 24 2011 at 10:05 AM
No score for this post
bladeinthesouth  (no login)

Response to Re: Cheers

I'd second Hodge Deadbat. Your reports are always excellent and respect your observations as yours is the only thing that feels like a traditional match report. Not sure I speak for every fan but is there any chance of an end of season report as you have done in previous seasons?

I'm not saying we will bounce back and walk next season but I do feel quite optimistic for next season. I think we will see a far more competitive united side once we lose a few players and a few more return. I appreciate you are totally unconvinced about Adams but still feel that in the absence of any credible alternative, he has to be the guy.

I would say the recurring theme of your reports this year is that plenty of the teams we have lost to are no that great or much better than us. It feels we have lost alot of games through poor defending, stupid mistakes and at the heart of that is a lack on concentration. Sorting that out will be vital.

The first method of solving that will be the return of Chris Morgan. His influence on the field will be a big lift. I think we have our full backs already. Taylor may look a little more the part in league 1 than he has at times in the championship. Perhaps Connor Brown or Seamus Coneely will fill the right bak slot. I'd hope to see Lowton or Maguire step up as Morgan's partner at the back. My preference would be Maguire and use Lowton as a holding midfielder. Clean sheets is really important in league 1. Plenty of teams can score goals but the teams who go up don't concede. The goals against for most teams in the top 6 is comparable to the sides in the top 2 of the championship.

I think in Philliskirk and McAllister, we have seen 2 players who might be part of the new future. Tonne sounds like another attacking midfielder who might make things happen for us. Whether its Montgomery, Quinn, Doyle or Ertl holding a place in the midfield, the difference is going to come from the likes of McAllister, Philliskirk and Tonne.

Slew has 2 in 2. I'd feel happy loosing all our strikers bar him. I think someone like Craig Davies sounds like a possible target. Supposedly, he attended the Cardiff game with his agent and he has played for Adams a couple of times in his a career. I think we should be glad we can't or won't afford another season of Henderson, Evans and hopefully Cresswell.

For me our priorities have got to be a solid keeper, sort out the defence and get a couple of strikers who can bang in goals.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

BladesReunited - the SUFC forum for grown-ups