BladesReunited - the SUFC forum for grown-ups

Return to Forum  

Re: Blades 2 Barnsley 2 - report

May 2 2011 at 12:28 AM
No score for this post
Huddersfield Blade  (no login)

Response to Blades 2 Barnsley 2 - report

Great report as ever Deadbat. Agree totally regarding the Barnsley fans behaviour. Whilst we all take a certain amount of pleasure in the demise of our rivals - I do not regard them as a rival and hope that our fans would not lower themselves to behave in the way they did. They did not relegate us - we were relegated long before yesterday's game. Sad that they would go to such an effort as to make their own words up to the Greasy Chip Butty song but I do believe that Barnsley fans have a real chip on their shoulders as far as SUFC are concerned. My postman is a Barnsley fan and has taken great delight in our results this season. He loves it when there is a parcel to deliver after we have been defeated so that he can ring the doorbell and then engage me in a conversation about the Blades that usually goes something like this:-

Dingle Postie: "You're going down this season"
Hudds Blade: "Yes I know. We haven't played well and the writing has been on the wall for some time".
Dingle Postie: "well you're not a big club you know. The problem with the two Sheffield clubs is that they think they are a big club and they are not."
Hudds Blade: "I have never believed SUFC to be a big club. In fact I'm not sure how you define big club - Man U, Arsenal possibly fit into that category if there is such a thing."
Dingle Postie: "well you're not a big club and you are going down"
Hudds Blade (trying to change the subject): "Did you enjoy the cricket last week?"
Dingle Postie: "yes. But you're not a big club you know. I hope you go down and that Chris Morgan well he deserves to go down as well cos of what he did. He is not a footballer."
Hudds Blade: "Is that the phone ringing? Got to go now".
Dingle Postie: "Barnsley are a much bigger club than you you know and we will be playing in the champ next season and you won't".
Hudds Blade: "got to go now. See you".

By god I hope there isn't a parcel being delivered to my house on Tuesday. Won't be answering the door anyway.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Find more forums on SoccerCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2015 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
BladesReunited - the SUFC forum for grown-ups