BladesReunited - the SUFC forum for grown-ups

Return to Forum  

Re: Frank Barlow appointed

June 11 2011 at 8:48 AM
No score for this post
granthamblades  (no login)

Response to Re: Frank Barlow appointed

I seem to recall Barlow as a no frills defender who made the best of the skills he possessed by his tactical defensive abilities.I think it took him a while to break into the first team,but he made the best of his opportunities,without setting the fans on fire.To me he though he presented as of being proud to wear the shirt and did his best to hang on to it when he got it.In many ways he was a typical Blades player of that era and better at his craft than nearly all of our current squad can said to be in the present era.

Hopefully the combination of Wilson and Barlow will at least bring a sense of stability to the club.I hope the fans will give them their full support initially, not least because a good start to next season is paramount.

A turnover in playing staff seems inevitable,or nearer to the truth essential imo,so Duncans point about the management teams abilities in the buying and selling market is important.Lets hope they get it right first time of asking because if they dont the fans patience and loyalty will I think be stretched to far.

In terms of a stopper I echo the sentiments expressed by Bladesinthesouth about Simonsen.

UTB

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

BladesReunited - the SUFC forum for grown-ups