BladesReunited - the SUFC forum for grown-ups

Return to Forum  

Re: Soccer's Ched Evans and friend in sex quiz

June 22 2011 at 4:24 PM
No score for this post
Duncan Disorderly  (no login)

Response to Re: Soccer's Ched Evans and friend in sex quiz

When I hear a lot of the modern comedians, frankly it makes me reach for the remote. Michael MacIntyre? Sorry, but you just aren't funny and you are the best of a poor bunch. (I will make an exception for Al Murray who's 'Landlord' character is a vehicle for some stunningly funny social commentary.).

I sometimes sit and watch a Two Ronnies re-run with the kids (teenagers...) and they find it funny too. Barker was a bone fide comic genius, but Corbett was much under-rated, imo. They were versatile across stand-up, musical, situation sketches and so on. The kids also enjoyed the Morecambe and Wise meet André Previn sketch, once they'd worked out what was going on. I think I was much influenced by Corbett in my own sense of humour, all that 'Its twenty years ago today that my wife said "I do", which surprised me because I didn't think she did.', was marvellous stuff to a young chap.

There are only one group worse than modern male standups, and that is modern female stand-ups, nope sorry. Periods are not funny, and there is no aspect of them that is. If you want funny females then Thora Hird, Hattie Jacques, Joyce Grenfell, Victoria Wood, even now are head and shoulders above anyone in the last twenty years. Now I really am starting to sound like an old fart...

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

BladesReunited - the SUFC forum for grown-ups