BladesReunited - the SUFC forum for grown-ups

Return to Forum  

Re: Well we did not get outplayed

August 25 2011 at 12:44 PM
No score for this post
wardlowwanderer  (no login)

Response to Well we did not get outplayed

We actually played some good football last night and despite what the BBC report says we didn't score against the run of play. The stats in the ground showed us with 55% possession in the first 20 minutes. However, they were faster, stronger and overall a far better team (which is to be expected). Our goal was well taken and we were unfortunate with the own goal. Having said that, I think that even if we had held out till half time we still wouldn't have won. They were a class (two classes?) above us.

The positives were Quinn (yet again mom IMO) and Creswell scoring again and we mainly played football on the ground. The negatives - Simmo looks like a man short on confidence and needs replacing. The team is too slow and we were often caught in possesion. Flynn and JFL were poor as was Porter when he came on. Williamson and Harriott were mainly invisible.

My main concern is that if Quinn goes (and there was a bit of badge kissing at the end) then we will struggle for the rest of the season.

Last night was enjoyable and I never expected us to win. The atmosphere from the Blades was good and very funny at times particularly when everyone started going shhhh as the Everton fans were more or less silent throughout. There were a few good chants aimed at the stewards who seemed to enjoy the atmosphere. Lets just hope that we can keep up the good form in the league.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
BladesReunited - the SUFC forum for grown-ups