BladesReunited - the SUFC forum for grown-ups

Return to Forum  

Agreed but why aren't we massive?

October 1 2011 at 6:58 PM
No score for this post
bladeinthesouth  (no login)

Response to Re: Shower....

Agree with your earlier reply and that too Old Blade.

I think we have possibly got a bit more hopeful than we were entitled to. Some of it is perhaps due the the run of fixtures and not knowing the quality of the opponent. I think its very frustrating as it seems as though we are doing many things well short of converting our chances.

I also don't blame Wilson. His start to the job has been good. As with all Sheffield United managers, he has had to lose a player he hoped to reply on, at deadline day. Wilson seems to have got us playing a neater style of football. I understand the need for a budget but when so many players have been sold and not replaced over a long period of time, its a shame when we may be turning the corner that there is no backing. All we are looking for is a couple of attacking players to convert what is being put in front of them.

This seems to be the blades way. Its funny that many of our fans are laughing at Wednesday and the recurring "massive' quotes. We all know Wednesday aren't massive but they seem to be more ambitious. They are talking bravely and more often than not that is who fortune favours.

Sheffield United is a big football club as well. We have under achieved for so long. It would be nice to hear some bold statements backed up with actions.

Julian Winter is new to the club but must have some idea of what is expected. I still think our club needs to be grabbed by the throat and given a shake. Wilson, Barlow and Morgan are doing their best to sort the football and get us playing however I don't see much else changing. We have underachieved for so long it seems almost acceptable.

UTB

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

BladesReunited - the SUFC forum for grown-ups