BladesReunited - the SUFC forum for grown-ups

Return to Forum  

Re: United 2 Stevenage 2 - report

April 29 2012 at 8:31 AM
No score for this post
granthamblades  (no login)

Response to United 2 Stevenage 2 - report

Thanks for this and your other reports of this season Deadbat

My thoughts are that they had the better defensive organisation and power over the 90 minuets and despite our late pressure they were able to hold out.I very much doubt our defence would have held out if the boot had been on the other foot.

Porter was woeful and needs to be shown the door.He might find suitable employment in the Conference

Despite some reasonably skilled early work Quinn soon proved ineffectual and Williamson never showed up.Both were guilty of bottling it and in that sense let down the home supporters and the younger players in the squad.Just imagine being a young player newly in the squad and looking at those two for inspiration.

In essence they out played us in all departments for most of the game and are likely to do so again if we meet them in the play offs.

Without Ched to lead the line we have a real problem,not only in the play offs,also in the longer term.BT is I fear far from fit and I doubt if he ever again be able to play a full season of regular first team football,but I hope he proves me wrong and gets back to full fitness,if he does he could be the man who could lead us to success.

UTB

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

BladesReunited - the SUFC forum for grown-ups