BladesReunited - the SUFC forum for grown-ups

Return to Forum  

Hodgson for England!

May 1 2012 at 6:30 PM
No score for this post
bladeinthesouth  (no login)

Response to Hodgson for England!

I think Redknapp would have done well to be fair. I can't understand how the FA ignored him.

As for Hodgson, he has the CV for the job but the silence on twitter is deafening right now. Will the players be happy? To be honest, who cares. I don't expect that much from England at the Euro's this summer. I'd rather just write them off now and be surprised later. In Hodgson's favour might be the fact that the majority of the core of the squad is ageing and younger players are easier to make an impression on than those who have been around for a while.

I'm in my mid 30s and I have to say with the exception of Rooney, Kyle Walker and Joe Hart, this is the poorest squad in my life time. I don't rate many of the older players at all. I think Cole has become a better footballer and defender as he has got older but the rest - not for me. Some of the younger players look alright; Danny Welbeck, Phil Jones and Daniel Sturridge. Oxlade Chamberlain is still quite young but promising.

Hodgson - He won't be on mad wages, he is a good football man but is he just McLaren mk2?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

BladesReunited - the SUFC forum for grown-ups