BladesReunited - the SUFC forum for grown-ups

Return to Forum  

Re: Where do we go now Blades

May 1 2012 at 11:47 PM
No score for this post
wardlowwanderer  (no login)

Response to Re: Where do we go now Blades

The problem is DD we hardly ever seem to start on the front foot particulalrly at home. How many of the last six or seven games have we actually lead from start to finish - afraid I don't know the answer but I would guess not one of our home games. I don't know if it's due to the expectation of the crowd that the players get nervous or the players simply underestimate the opposition or simply that the defence is not actually as good as we might think it is.

We've been fortunate that Ched has usually pulled us back into it. Obviously he's no longer with us and we are now relying on two older strikers who are trying hard but are past their best, a striker who has never been at his best and a loan striker who is not very good.

There is still a chance that we can make the playoff final but fate has once again struck us a blow. That combined with the fact the United so far have been woeful in playoff finals doesn't bode well for promotion.

Will we go up automatic? No
Will we go up via the play offs? It's possible, but based on the current state of affairs and past form I wouldn't put money on it.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

BladesReunited - the SUFC forum for grown-ups