BladesReunited - the SUFC forum for grown-ups

Return to Forum  

Exeter 2 United 2 - report

May 7 2012 at 11:36 AM
No score for this post
bladeinthesouth  (no login)

Response to Re: Exeter 2 United 2 - report

Cheers for the reports deadbat. Do you think you will do an end of season report as well?

Agree with you bedford. I think thats where my head is well. I don't want to see it all be for nothing. I think as for Beattie, its a shame, worth the gamble but it has not worked out. It will be easy to release him. As for Evans, I prefer to remember the fact that he did nothing for the best part of 2 and half years and if he had played half as well as he did in that time as he has in the last 6 months, we would never have been in league 1 in the first place. I'd also wager that ANY striker bought for £3m should be able to score 30+ goals in this league without even thinking about it.

I still think we can do this. The players need some sort of conflab (like they did in November) and sort out whatever is bothering them. Players like Quinn need one last blast of form to take us over the line. The defence need to keep it simple. That was where we faltered in the autumn. I think sort the defence and the rest should just come.

I'm not sure who I'd play on Friday. Having gone away and thought, I'd be half tempted to put Porter back in as a big lad to rough up Stevenage. If Cresswell is not fit enough, use him as a sub and play someone like Flynn or perhaps Tonne or Philliskirk. Perhaps if Monty is fit, I'd put him in to hold midfield instead of Doyle (only to give Doyle a rest - he does not deserve to be dropped). Not sure if it'd be fair on a young lad like Ironside for him to start but again a gamble worth taking / why not.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

BladesReunited - the SUFC forum for grown-ups