BladesReunited - the SUFC forum for grown-ups

Return to Forum  

The Squad as I see it going forward

May 27 2012 at 9:44 AM
No score for this post
bladeinthesouth  (no login)

Response to Re: The Squad as I see it going forward

I'm just guessing that we will have only a small pot of money for fee's.

I think McDonald is a difficult one to call. He is a decent player but he has missed important points of the season because of injury. It is hard to rely of him for a full season. You can't plan to win with the fact he will miss patches of the season.

I'd keep him too but I think we need to have another option in the squad. Its a shame we have not see more of McAllister. He sounded a decent prospect for this season at the end of our relegation from the championship. Shrewsbury fans have also said he looked very good when he was on loan to them this spring. He is worth another chance and possibly persevering with.

I agree about the strikers. The one I keep thinking of is Jon Forte. He has done well in this league and will not really be involved now Southampton are in the premier league. He would be an excellent option. Whether he still has any affinity with us maybe the biggest issue. He did well with Notts County and Preston North End. I think PNE could be the ones to surprise next season. Their manager is rebuilding from stretch. That worked well for Charlton.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

BladesReunited - the SUFC forum for grown-ups