BladesReunited - the SUFC forum for grown-ups

Return to Forum  

United season review - part four

June 2 2012 at 8:22 PM
No score for this post
bladeinthesouth  (no login)

Response to Re: United season review - part four

Hoskins is a tricky one to rate.

He sounded good on paper before he came, he showed flashes of ability, to be fair didn't get many starts, when he did start he was used as a right winger and not as an out and out striker.

He did say or someone did that he is hoping to come back north this summer. Whether we have the money or offer him enough of a challenge is questionable. Something makes me think we should move for him if the price is sensible. I also like the look of Forte for similar reasons. I worry that we may end up moving for Billy Paynter just because Wilson knows him. I'm not sure he is what we want. Would be quite pleased with either Forte or Hoskins.

What I would like though is the club to pull a 'rabbit from the hat' and find someone who comes with no reputation and makes their name playing and scoring for us. Its been a long time since we had a forward who did that. Either that or McCabe 'invests' in a name who would probably score the goals. I would go for the former rather than the latter.

Whats for sure we need a couple of strikers this summer and ones who will really put the pressure on starting places.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
BladesReunited - the SUFC forum for grown-ups