BladesReunited - the SUFC forum for grown-ups

Return to Forum  

Re: Just Bad Luck

June 11 2012 at 4:56 PM
No score for this post
Mall  (no login)

Response to Just Bad Luck

By holding on to the 'luck' part we could be well down the pyramid before someone at the club finally realises that actually we haven't made very good decisions. Funny how the unlucky teams are at the bottom all the time whilst the best teams somehow have more 'luck'. Don't buy it at all.

Ninety points....well it's a good total admitted, but Wednesday beat it. Are you saying that they were lucky or clued in?

You are right, we were not quite good enough but where we differ is in our interpretation of why.

As for what to do...well I don't play FIFA manager or whatever it is, but I firmly believe that we have to put more 90 minute games in than we did last season. How many times did we have very turgid first halves then come out with a better tempo in the second. So, the passing has to be crisper and precise but as for changes in personnel I think that Whitehouse has to start being picked as a box to box midfielder and a goalscorer, which he is...something we didn't see at Wembley. Ironside should develop and and a leggy winger should be sought.
The defence needs to concentrate and tighten up. The left flank has to deliver as much as the right one did.
But of course most of the above is dependent on recruiting.
I would back Wilson to do most of this but that doesn't exonerate him from criticism.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

BladesReunited - the SUFC forum for grown-ups