BladesReunited - the SUFC forum for grown-ups

Return to Forum  

Lack of any activity being announced

June 27 2012 at 8:06 PM
No score for this post
kentblade  (Login kentblade25)

Very concerned by the lack of any positive news coming out of the Lane,although I accept that matters will be ongoing.
Disapointing that our four players, Quinn, MacDonald, Williamson and Monty have not made the final decision on their future,which probably indicates the state of football finance in the lower divisions.
While I feel they owe the club some loyalty one must accept that a players years of playing at this level are limited as evidenced by Simmo, who travelled back on the train with us into London after the Brentford game and among many topics discussed said that he was enjoying being with the Blades and enjoying his status as in his words it might all change tomorrow.
He will now know what that means having had his contract not renewed and as far as I know no club yet.
It looks to me as if Danny Wilson and Frank Barlow will have one major job on their hands to get this side out of this division, but at the present this is looking to me to be a mamouth task.
We should now be training the squad for the next season.
It is possible that we could remain in this division for a long time while our feathered friends persue their aim of topping the championship.
It will be very difficult under the present situation to repeat last season which I have to say from an enjoyment point of view was the best for a few years.
What a pity Ched could not realise that he should have known better.
UTB

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

BladesReunited - the SUFC forum for grown-ups