BladesReunited - the SUFC forum for grown-ups

Return to Forum  

Re: Lack of any activity being announced

June 28 2012 at 9:24 AM
No score for this post
granthamblades  (no login)

Response to Re: Lack of any activity being announced

This seasons transfer merry go round is a bit different to previous ones,in that we have the new financial regulations in place,which is probably leaving the players Agents with a little more work than normal,and I am glad to say they will have to work a little bit harder for their tainted money.
I can however understand why Danny playing a bit of a waiting game with McDonald,Williamson and Quinn because their experience and skill at Division 1 level will imo be the backbone of our push for promotion and in that sense his hands are tied;also the fact that as yet they have not gone elsewhere,will further encourage him to hang fire before he takes the plunge with unknown others.In Porters case I would show him the door.
The other dimension that I imagine is of interest,is the strange case of the happenings in Scottish football,particularly at Rangers(how the mighty have fallen).Danny has openly stated that there are certain players that he is interested in (Fleck and Hutton),but once the dust settles over the border,other targeted players ,who could be well worth a try,may become available,and that might be another reason for the delay our club is experiencing at this particular time.
I am therefore still fairly optimistic that our manager knows what he is doing,I only hope those in charge of the purse strings equally know what they are doing.

UTB

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

BladesReunited - the SUFC forum for grown-ups