BladesReunited - the SUFC forum for grown-ups

Respond to this messageReturn to Forum
Original Message
  • Re: Where`s the heart of the club
    • Mall (no login)
      Posted Mar 30, 2010 10:20 AM

Good post Huddersfield, and one with which I find myself agreeing 100%.
      Having been away for 20 years (geographically) this is the first full one I have experienced since the Basset days.
      I can take backs to the wall, outplayed, out resourced, out talented etc....But only in the Premier.
      Not in this division.
      To see teams like Doncaster, Blackpool and at times s****horpe pass the ball more cohesively and shrewdly than us is ludicrous, given their lack of re sources.
      It's down to the manager when that happens....it always is. For Blackwell to want a high tempo game at this level with these players is a stupid call. Only teams at the top of the Premier can do that since they have athleticism and skill to spare. At this level it can only mean mistakes with control and movement...of which there is very little anyway.
      Yes, against S****horpe there was some early promise, particularly through an impressive Quinn but it faded as we new it might and scrappy play ensued.
      First touch amongst several players, notably Henderson is abysmal and Blackwell is the architect, and to realise that he has been around Europe's top clubs looking at training methods is beyond belief.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options

BladesReunited - the SUFC forum for grown-ups