BladesReunited - the SUFC forum for grown-ups

Respond to this messageReturn to Forum
Original Message
  • Personal responsibility
    • Reading Blade (no login)
      Posted Jun 15, 2010 2:17 PM

No.. this isn't the title of a David Cameron speech....

I don't know whether Wednesday scrimped on paying for enough Police or not but the question has to be asked, how many Police Officers would have prevented the morons on the pitch? Another 10, 20, 100, 1000? It's nearly impossible to keep "fans" off the pitch if they commit to trying to get on. I imagine more could have been done, but where do you draw the line?

Examples need to be made of all those identifiable and guilty of whatever criminal offence they were committing and Wednesday and SYP need to show what they are doing to help this happen.

I think we have to be slightly careful of throwing stones in glasss houses. Some of our "fans" are no better and I could easily see this repeated at any ground(and it has been at Luton) fairly regularly.

It's too easy to blame Wednesday or the Police. The root cause is the pissed up raging morons who have no regard for anyone else. Throw the book at them and any of our fans who behave in the same way.

UTB

Reading Blade

Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options