BladesReunited - the SUFC forum for grown-ups

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

Bradley Wright-Phillips

January 4 2011 at 12:06 PM
No score for this post
James Shield  (no login)

According to todays Sun newspaper,(so it must be true),Sheffield United are set to raid cash strapped Plymouth Argyle fo the striker.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
parisblade
(Login parisblade)

Re: Bradley Wright-Phillips

No score for this post
January 4 2011, 1:05 PM 

Wouldn't mind that. My Saints mate rated him when he was with them. According to wikipedia (must be true) he's scored 16 since he joined Plymouth and that includes a long lay-off through injury. A bit of a live wire but maybe that's what we need.

bladeinthesouth
(no login)

Not for me...

No score for this post
January 4 2011, 6:41 PM 

Not good enough. His goals per game ratio is crap. Would take any of our strikers over him any day and Slew and Foster should get a chance before we go for him. Would be disappointed if Sheffield United signed him.

parisblade
(Login parisblade)

Re: Not for me...

No score for this post
January 4 2011, 9:48 PM 

Is his goals per game ratio any worse than what we've got up front? Agree that Slew and Foster should be given a go.

Duncan Disorderly
(no login)

Re: Not for me...

No score for this post
January 5 2011, 5:42 AM 

I've not seen enough of Slew, but Nat Foster is built more like Emile Heskey than Thiery Henry. Adams has said that he wants to bring chaos to the opposition penalty area, and that needs quick players. You only had to see the effect of Kamara last year. A quick nippy forward is something we just dont have...

Deadbat
(no login)

Foster

No score for this post
January 6 2011, 9:01 AM 

Is no longer at the club. He was released about a month ago and joined Retford. He played one game for them and got injured and was released.

He does not seem to have a club anymore. Weird he went from being in fringes of our first team in pre season, got injured, then released and now cant even get a club at non league level.

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/retfordunited/s/players-coaches-6393.html&player_id=290555

parisblade
(Login parisblade)

Blackpool in for him...

No score for this post
January 6 2011, 9:32 AM 

According to the old currant bun today.

(no login)

Bradley Wright-Phillips

No score for this post
January 5 2011, 1:21 PM 

Bradley Wright-Phillips has loads of potential (he showed plenty for us at City without really fulfilling it) and may one day, like his dad, be a late developer. Not the right player for you guys right now.

Current Topic - Bradley Wright-Phillips
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  
BladesReunited - the SUFC forum for grown-ups