BladesReunited - the SUFC forum for grown-ups

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

Today's game

April 14 2012 at 8:22 PM
No score for this post
Huddersfield Blade  (no login)

Not the best performance ever today but Orient closed our players down very fast, particularly in the first half and capitalised on a poor piece of defending to go one up. However, all three goals were well taken and we had an awful lot of possession today. MacDonald patrolled midfield and all four midfielders were fab today. Williamson did particularly well and Orient couldn't cope with him - hence the sending off. Thought Hill had a poor game and would agree with one of the callers on footie heaven tonight that he is a bit like Gus Uhlenbeek!

Ched seemed to be trying so hard today and wonder if some of that was due what has been happening in his private life this week - also it didn't help with the away fans chanting 'rapist' at him when United were attacking at the away end. That said the Blades fans were extremely supportive to him and he seemed very appreciative of this particularly after he missed a goalscoring opportunity he turned to the Kop and applauded the fans. He did seem thrilled to score and got a good round of applause when he left the field.

All in all a great day at the Lane especially when the news came through that our Porkular friends had only managed a draw at Colchester. Danny Wilson seemed extremely calm throughout today and I'm sure that has got a lot to do with the professionalism and calmness that is evident from the players. Despite what a lot of us thought and said when he was first appointed he has turned out to be a great manager thus far and I think we would all much rather see him standing there in a calm fashion encouraging the players than a mad nutter shouting and bawling at them.

PS. won over a £100 on the national so a great day out for Hudds Blade and family.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
bladeinthesouth
(no login)

Today's game

No score for this post
April 14 2012, 9:11 PM 

Its interesting what you say about Wilson Huddersfield Blade. Thats kind of what I have thought. He is very level and measured. I wonder how much pressure he takes off the players.

I'm not sure anyone's able to really tell what will happen in the next 3 games but you have to say its a massive lift for Sheffield football. It would be good to see both sides make it to the championship and maintain the rivalry. I'm sure their form has challenged us to raise our game and vice versa all season.

What will be will be.

UTB

Huddersfield Blade
(no login)

Re: Today's game

No score for this post
April 14 2012, 10:12 PM 

I think he takes a lot of pressure off the players and I particularly like the way that he won't be drawn into a slanging battle with the porkulars. He has ignored all the comments that Madine, etc have made and won't let the media drag him down to that level. Imagine if Warnock was still in charge - the players would be revved up and we would probably end up with sendings off galore! I thought it was interesting to see how much Evans clearly respected and looked up to Wilson when he came off at the end. There was definite emotion there and I think gratitude from Ched to Wilson.

Long may it continue and how refreshing to have someone at the helm who not only keeps calm under pressure but seems to know a little about football too!

(Login kentblade25)

No score for this post
April 15 2012, 4:03 PM 

Well said Huddersfield Blade.
The mark of a true manager,leads by example and the players follow.
In Danny we tust.
UTB

wardlowwanderer
(no login)

No score for this post
April 14 2012, 9:18 PM 

Congrats on the the National win Hudds. Good day all round. They had some decent chances in the first half and could have had three. We always seem to make it hard for ourselves.

On the way back on the train the guy in front was an Orient fan and was chatting with mates back in London. He saw a completely different game. We were the big team with the ref on our side.No way was it a red card etc. I thought the ref was actually decent and let the game flow. I also didn't see too much going our way. Also from the Kop it looked like a straight red to me.

It was interesting when Ched went off. He gave Wilson a massive hug. If he is found not guilty and we go up I actually think we might still have him next season.

Anyway, we now need one win and two draws. I would hope for the win at Exeter but the two draws might be more difficult. We just have to hope that Carlisle can get something at the sty. It would be great to be up by the end of the Stevenage game.

Current Topic - Today's game
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  
BladesReunited - the SUFC forum for grown-ups