BladesReunited - the SUFC forum for grown-ups

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

Mojo

August 15 2012 at 8:09 PM
No score for this post
Bladesreunited  (Premier Login Bladesreunited)
Forum Owner

Bladesreunited has lost its SUFC Mojo. Do others feel the same?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Duncan Disorderly
(Login Duncan-Disorderly)

Re: Mojo

No score for this post
August 15 2012, 9:10 PM 

A crushing disappointment leading into a summer of building a squad more by budget than talent, I guess none of us are going to get too excited about it all until the season has started. If we get 10 games in, have 20 points and look like something, then it will be all change. Even if we are just 'doing OK' but the kids are playing and doing fine, then it will give us something to shout about...

bladeinthesouth
(no login)

Mojo

No score for this post
August 15 2012, 9:46 PM 

Maybe its just close season malaise.

Agree with DD although think it might have us up and firing if we have 10 points from 5 games. I also think the goings on at the club in recent years have left everyone abit jaded and we have seen alot before in a 5 year window.

I think promotion last year might have recharged everyones spirits but it wasn't to be.

As for the site, long may bladesreunited continue - it is excellent.

BitS - UTBr

granthamblades
(no login)

No score for this post
August 15 2012, 10:45 PM 

I think things be back to normal once the new season gets into its swing,especially if we do well.Imo we could have the makings of a top sixish team,but there still might be some more in and outs and until things are finalised we the supporter will be left wondering.If wondering is how many supporters feel at present it is no surprise,at least to me, that they have little reason to put pen to paper(so to speak).

turnstile51
(no login)

Mojo

No score for this post
August 16 2012, 4:44 AM 

Watched this site regularly over the last year +
It has never had a great proliferation of contributers but the ones who have had their say have usually done so in. thoughtful and adult way - unlike on some other sites- with some interesting and accurate comments. Always found that on match days this was the place to look at and post match reports from Deadbat have served those of us well who cannot get to games.
I have just finished reading the book "Fit and Proper" which catalogues United's boardroom dealings over the years and if anyone thinks that a Blades fan should not be negative or indeed paranoid after all that has gone on at the club they clearly have no understanding of what we as supporters have had to put up with.
I start this new season as I have started a great many others - with a belief that we can achieve something good but with a realism that once again we could be kicked in the teeth by the football gods.
We can only continue to support and at the same time hope that this will be our year. Maybe this time it will be but seriously , no one knows. We all know our team is far less strong than even 12 months ago but hey so are the opposition so for now let us all at least try to keep the faith. UTB

icthusblade
(no login)

No score for this post
August 16 2012, 12:34 PM 

McCabe's actions this summer in removing the football club's tangible assets from the club's balance sheet doesn't bode well for the future. It would appear that the football club could soon become financially insolvent.

Bladesreunited
(no login)

Thanks

No score for this post
August 16 2012, 1:11 PM 

I'll try to get more excited once we get started. Don't worry, the site is safe!

broomhillblade
(Login broomhillblade)

Re: Thanks

No score for this post
August 16 2012, 4:22 PM 

A comfortable win on Saturday would go a long way towards restoring our collective mojo.

On the other hand....

Reading Blade
(no login)

No score for this post
August 16 2012, 9:52 PM 

Is that based on anything other than wild speculation?

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  
BladesReunited - the SUFC forum for grown-ups