<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

I need help finding three places I visited in 1988

June 6 2011 at 11:04 PM
Score 2.0 (1 person)
facbaugh  (Login facbaugh)

In 1988, I went to Yugoslavia to visit friends. I stayed in the Bosna Hotel and based my trip in Banja Luka. My friends took me to some of the most beautiful places. Unfortunately, the places were while we were on a trip from Banja Luka to Austria. So many beautiful places...I just couldn't keep it all in my head! Now, as I plan for next year (I teach high school) I have decided to teach Zlata's Diary. I want to tell my students all about my trip, but I am missing the names of three places we went. I will describe them and if you can help me put a name to the places, I would be incredibly greatful.

1. A truly peaceful spot where there were many little "huts" over water. These "huts" were about 3 feet high, built out of wood,and the water flowed out of them like small waterfalls. Near Ljubjlana maybe?

2. A huge cave in the side of a mountain and I think I remember a small train that ran through the cave. Right outside of the cave entrance, there were, built into the side of the mountain, I don't know how to describe it except to say that it looked like apartments in a place that looked to be hundreds of years old. It looked as if the apartments' window boxes of flowers grew right out of the mountain.

3. A cave (different cave than above and much smaller) that was made into s small cafe. In fact, there may have3 been several openings, all of which were small shops. The one we went into was a small cafe/diner.

I do have a couple of other questions. If you can help with any of these things, I thank you!

1. In a trip to Sarejevo, we were in the Turkish market in the old city, and we ate something called cevapi. Is there any way to get the recipe for that and the bread it was served on, and the sauce?

2. We drank a "liquid yogurt" that I absolutely loved. I don't know what it was called or any companies that might make it. I am hoping that I can find somewhere that sells it here. It was kind of like buttermild and plain yogurt mixed together.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and as I said, any help with any of these things would be greatly appreciated.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on PoliticsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement