Home > Discussion Groups > Group Build - British and Commonwealth Vehicles of WWII
 Return to Index  

Hull front and rear

September 29 2009 at 1:11 AM

(Login MichaelHatch)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 70.78.205.203

Response to 1942 Desert Matilda

Hey.

I changed my mind on the type of applique armour fillet under the driver's visor cover. My first attempt was for a factory manufactured plate kit that was either added on the production line or sent out into the field for the Units to retro-fit. I wasn't happy with the way it turned out.

My new one represents a locally manufactured field expedient plate that the Units came up with on their own. It still needs a bit of clean up.

I only wanted to mount one headlight, so I used some plastic stock to represent the mounting plate for the missing headlight.

I still haven't figured out how I will make the earlier, smaller, circular style towing eyelets to replace the late model ones that come with the kit.

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

This shows the external fuel tank and the muffler assemblies. All these things will only be permanently mounted after painting and weathering is completed.

I haven't seen a picture of Part D19 mounted on a vehicle in the desert in 1942, so I filled the mounting slot in.

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

Michael in Abbotsford.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re: Hull front and rear - Alan McNeilly on Oct 1, 1:16 AM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse