I changed my mind on the type of applique armour fillet under the driver's visor cover. My first attempt was for a factory manufactured plate kit that was either added on the production line or sent out into the field for the Units to retro-fit. I wasn't happy with the way it turned out.
My new one represents a locally manufactured field expedient plate that the Units came up with on their own. It still needs a bit of clean up.
I only wanted to mount one headlight, so I used some plastic stock to represent the mounting plate for the missing headlight.
I still haven't figured out how I will make the earlier, smaller, circular style towing eyelets to replace the late model ones that come with the kit.
This shows the external fuel tank and the muffler assemblies. All these things will only be permanently mounted after painting and weathering is completed.
I haven't seen a picture of Part D19 mounted on a vehicle in the desert in 1942, so I filled the mounting slot in.
Michael in Abbotsford.