Home > Discussion Groups > Group Build - British and Commonwealth Vehicles of WWII
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Photo of Humber Box rear wheel hub needed

August 16 2010 at 11:14 AM
  (Login J.Clifford)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 192.231.71.2

I'm building the AA kit of the Humber Box and for whatever reason the rear hub is omitted, leaving the wheel mounting rod to suffice as a hub. All of the photos I've found of the Box are taken from the front starboard quarter, looking back, so that the details of the actual hub are very limited, but they are clearly not the same as the front. The best photo I've found is a still unacceptable view of the Box used in an episode of Foyle's War "They Fought in the Fields" but still, not good enough to use.

Can you point me toward a good photo?
Thanks,
Cliff

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login J.Clifford)
Missing-Lynx members

I'll answer my own question

August 17 2010, 10:45 AM 

Dear Cliff,
You should look online for Humber Utility as well as for Humber Box, there are more photos of the Utility than the Box even though they are the same vehicle. Most photos online that come up when Utility is searched show a small rear hub or no hub at all, just a level space that shows through the center hole in the wheel. And thanks to George Moore you have now seen that there are two hubs that were used on the rear axle of the Humber Utility, the "full floating type" and the "semi-floating type".

So, I assume that the Accurate Armor wheel mouting rod that sticks through the rear wheels is supposed to suffice for a semi floating type, and the kit provides full floating types for the front wheels.

Hope this helps.
Cliff

Respond to this message   

(Login Simpson6376)
Missing-Lynx members

Re: Photo of Humber Box rear wheel hub needed

September 30 2010, 7:29 PM 

I've got photos I'll post them tomorrow (Friday)

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Photo of Humber Box rear wheel hub needed
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse