Home > Discussion Groups > Group Build - British and Commonwealth Vehicles of WWII
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

lrdg jeep

February 3 2011 at 8:54 AM
cesare  (no login)
from IP address 151.16.113.228

Hi dears, please: what color for willys jeep used by LRDG? Just sand yellow or a blu pink grey scheme? LRDG Squadron signal Publication give this last one but not in a very clear pattern Any suggestions?
Thank you very much!
Cesare

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Fred Coulson
(Login fredcoulson)
Missing-Lynx members

Re: lrdg jeep

February 8 2011, 5:48 PM 

Hello Cesare

Like your model, and on the colours I would suspect that the best option would be Portland Stone/Sand.

Just a couple of little point the spare tyre hanging off the rear I think may need adjusting. It is, that just in real life anything hanging out that far and low from the rear of the vehicle would keeping hitting the ground on rough off road surfaces. Also the larger packs hanging over the rear wheels would probably end up hitting the tyres. Just a small point I think you need to look at on what is a nice model.

Best of luck

Fred Coulson

Respond to this message   
cesare
(no login)

Sharped edges?

February 11 2011, 12:32 PM 

Thank you very much for yours advices!
In this video (7'16'') you can see spare tyre hanging a bit upper than mine (forced in that position by the sand channels: no other chances!)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWvH6_ZoJhc
I will try and get to replace the packs.
Do you suggest sharped edges between colors?
Thanks again!
Cesare

Respond to this message   

Fred Coulson
(Login fredcoulson)
Missing-Lynx members

Re: Sharped edges?

February 13 2011, 6:04 PM 

Cesare

Thank you for the link it was very interesting.

On the rear tyre, why not move it up higher so that it is centred on the sandshields and then lash/tie it down with several loops of rope. It need to be fixed in such a way that it does not swing around.

On the colour scheme, I have have noticed several discussions going on this site and other sites. What I notice is that each patrol in the LRDG had its on particular scheme for themselves. As a result the variety of schemes would appear to be considerable. Some would have bee sprayed some hand brushed. It really depends on what scheme you pick. Have a look at some of the LRDG sites this one gives you a basic understanding http://www.lrdg.de/vehicles2.htm

I hope this helps

All the best

Fred

Respond to this message   
cesare
(no login)

Re: Sharped edges?

February 14 2011, 6:01 AM 

Thank you very much!
Cesare

Respond to this message   
Chris Meddings
(no login)

Agree with Fred

February 8 2011, 7:56 PM 

But nonetheless, really nice stuff Cesare!

I reckon plain portland stone or stone and black disruptive, but hopefully an expert will chime in

Whatever you go for, looking forward to seeing it

Respond to this message   
Mike Starmer
(Login Mikestarmer)
Missing-Lynx members

Jeep colour

October 22 2012, 7:47 AM 

When these Jeeps were issued the basic colour was specified as Light Stone 61. What few pictures that I have seen of SAS Jeeps appear toshow a single plain colour. However they are reported to have been Desert Pink and olive green sometime mid 1942 which is just before the pink was specified for general use. One one two pictures do show darker areas on their Jeeps but it is of such low contrast that I have been unable to determine whether this is a disrupter or general spillage or the top colour being abraded thus leaving the original colour grinning through.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse