Return to the Where's our old boat board  

Dinner with Earl

April 4 2010 at 9:05 AM
  (no login)
from IP address 67.170.30.167

Response to Marion Blue Grass Plans

It is funny you guys are talking about Earl. Earl, Curt Rogers (Fred's son),Mick Malcolm, and Pat Larive and myself had a 3-1/2 hour dinner with Earl on Wednesday night (3-24). We all brought photo albums and talked the old times. I wish I had video taped the dinner, because I think we could have built a Wham Kong 427 by the end of the evening. He kept saying that he must be boring you boys and we said, "NO" we want more information. He seemed to have a great time and I talked to Curt the next day and he told Curt how much fun he had. He gave us his two photo albums to copy. We will figure out the best way to copy them next week. Earl was wondering if there is any video tape on the web of the 66, 67, 68, 69 Orange Bowl Regatta with him racing the Holy Smoke and the Merion Blue Grass? He talked about his admiration for Fred Rogers and what a great friend and mechanic he is. He talked about Fred Leland, Ray LaBrie, George Babcock, Dr. Tom Gilpatrick, Norm Majer, and Ken Kimbrough. He still has lunch weekly with Ed Sneva (Tom's Dad) and Drew Backlund. The pictures with the Merion Blue Grass in this web column are with its blown 327 motor, the 427 came in 1968. I talked to Dr. Gilpatrick on Thursday (3-25) and he said he got his Hemi's from Bill Sterett and the Chrysler Crew engine builders, and that there are no plans for the Annie's Dodge boats because the plan were all in Dr. Johnston's head. We will have a follow up dinner soon.
Doug Cossette

Respond to this message   
Response TitleAuthorDate
 Earl Wham Apr 28, 2010, 9:21 AM