<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Bollano Draws Parallels Between Albania’s Himara and Kosovo

April 27 2007 at 8:55 PM
No score for this post

(Login akritas2)
Greece Forum Mods Group

“We do not want more than Albania has been asking for in connection with Kosovo. This is to the benefit of Balkans and Greek minority in Albania,”

Himara Mayor said TIRANA -

The Greek minority in Himara, southern Albania, has the right to push for the same solution like Albanians in Kosovo, Vasil Bollano, the Mayor of that municipality has said, calling those areas Vorio Epirus

Tuesday 24 April 2007

source.
http://www.albaniannews.com/
http://www.net.hr/vijesti/page/2007/04/27/0020006.html

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login teuta1975)

Re: Bollano Draws Parallels Between Albania’s Himara and Kosovo

No score for this post
April 28 2007, 2:03 AM 

Oh, yes...isn't the first time they claim that! They are extremists and they are crazy!!!!!
How many are of them anyway??? A thousand?? (with toooooollerance)Because the rest is in Greece...
They seek indipendence (1000 people - or two villages) or annexing to Greece??
Well dear Greeks, you either take all Albania or nothing of it!!!
Is it a good deal?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.
Panagiotis
(Login Panagiotis.Thessaloniki)

No score for this post
April 28 2007, 2:43 AM 

teuta let's say we don't want to conquer any cm of albanian soil but u in the other hand make your country more civilized and more democratic not just for the Hellenic minority but for all albanian citizens. i only wish for once that during albanian elections no voters terrorizing actions to be commited!!!
it's in Hellas interests a democratic and developed albania with good relations with us.

(Login teuta1975)

No score for this post
April 28 2007, 3:00 AM 

"teuta let's say we don't want to conquer any cm of albanian soil
============================================

I want to see how many of Greek guys in this forum will agree with that statement.
Meantime... Let's wait...and see. OK?
=============================================
but u in the other hand make your country more civilized and more democratic not just for the Hellenic minority but for all albanian citizens. i only wish for once that during albanian elections no voters terrorizing actions to be commited!!!
it's in Hellas interests a democratic and developed albania with good relations with us."
===============================

Why do you think most Albanians are immigrants? Because they like the situation in there?! None more than Albanians themselves like to have a prosper Albania. Not Greeks, not Slavs, not Americans...nobody! But...IT'LL TAKE TIME.
There's no escape from it...

Panagiotis

No score for this post
April 28 2007, 3:08 AM 

"There's no escape from it..."

let's hope albania makes great steps ahead soon. it's better for all of us. Hellenic prisons are full of albanian criminals, an outcome of bad education and terrible economical conditions in albania. unfortunately here in Hellas we "feel" all the bad things going in albania.
i wish the best for our neighboors because many descent people live there and they deserve the best

(Login teuta1975)

No score for this post
April 28 2007, 3:11 AM 

Thank you Panagiotis.

Kresimir
(Login KresimirZG)

No score for this post
April 28 2007, 3:12 AM 

=================================

Insultive post removed

Panagiotis

No score for this post
April 28 2007, 3:15 AM 

Kresimir soon albania serbia and the other balkan countries will be part of European Union and we will continue to live with friendship and collaboration. soon u will be part of an asylum for mentally ill people.

(Login KresimirZG)

No score for this post
April 28 2007, 3:19 AM 

Insultive post removed

Kresimir
(Login KresimirZG)

No score for this post
April 28 2007, 3:50 AM 

Insultive post removed

Anonymous
(Login KOMITADJI)

No score for this post
April 28 2007, 9:44 AM 

[greeks Macedonia have culture,what you have
only XXXXX XXXXXX,you are not Europians]

A very true statement.

XXXXXXX

----------------------------

Greek or English as a Greek
Macedonians and proud to be
Greek cannot understand Bulgarian.
Insult removed.

Arxileas
(Login Arxileas)
Greece Forum Mods Group

No score for this post
April 28 2007, 11:31 AM 

KresimirZG)
No score for this post April 28 2007, 3:19 AM

serbia will be part of European Union hahaha
never
greeks and serbs are not Europian,you are beasts
Croatia and Albania have greate cultur,you have nothing

===========================

You show the ugly side of nationalism
for the whole world to see, well done pet.

------------------------------

http://www.hellenicplanet.com/forums

Arxileas
(Login Arxileas)
Greece Forum Mods Group

No score for this post
April 28 2007, 11:55 AM 

[greeks Macedonia have culture,]

Yes we Greek Macedonians do thank you.

------------------------------

http://www.hellenicplanet.com/forums

Pavle
(Login Braveserb)

No score for this post
April 28 2007, 6:53 PM 

e hvala ti, KRESIMIRE....
**** YOUR GERMAN MUMMY IN HER PICKA....

Basil
(Login BasilMacedon)
Greece Forum Mods Group

No score for this post
April 28 2007, 7:37 PM 

Braveserb I will not ask for translation... but it sounds baaaad

Basil
(Login BasilMacedon)
Greece Forum Mods Group

No score for this post
April 28 2007, 7:55 PM 

Teuta
"I want to see how many of Greek guys in this forum will agree with that statement.
Meantime... Let's wait...and see. OK? "
----------------------------------------------
Teuta... I have seen many messages between you and Greeks in the forums. In all the messages.. Greeks say to you that in general we have positive feelings for Albania and we separate in our minds the criminal Albanians and the good ones... that nobodys wants to conquer Albanian... that we respect the Albanian immigrants who are good and descent people..... and you always say "you are the only Greek that believes that!"

Isnt it time for you to change you mind for a while...since there are more Greeks who believe that? ... or you belong to those stupid ones who believe what Hotza told them about the Greeks and how we are ready everyday to invade in Albanian? ..relax honey...

PS. Since you support the causes of Kossovar Albanians... you should support the causes of Greeks in Albania...if you want to be fair..

Personally I oppose the separation of Kossovo from Serbia.... as I oppose the separation of Northern Epirus from the Albania state. I just wish those people to have all their rights.

(Login akritas2)
Greece Forum Mods Group

Score 5.0 (1 person)
April 28 2007, 8:47 PM 

Well said Basili. Is nice to talk for indipedence and interretism but when this start to knock your home.......

(Login teuta1975)

Basil,

No score for this post
April 28 2007, 10:49 PM 

"Teuta... I have seen many messages between you and Greeks in the forums. In all the messages.. Greeks say to you that in general we have positive feelings for Albania and we separate in our minds the criminal Albanians and the good ones... that nobodys wants to conquer Albanian... that we respect the Albanian immigrants who are good and descent people....."
----------------
I thought you had figured that I REALLY do not nourish any hostility feelings towards Greeks. As a matter of fact I respect them and their culture and language very much. That's why I even bothered (long time ago) reading most of Greek philosophers' ideas!!! And I found them touching my heart and soul. It's just that I AM AFRAID to trust Greeks...I don't know why!!!!
Since you have seen many of my messages ...I would suggest you to go a little bit farther and read some Greek posts and their views
(they were here before I entered this forum)//
===============================================
"and you always say "you are the only Greek that believes that!"
------------
Did you forget so quickly when you told me (quoting): (Albanians like you are...a few...)
"Isnt it time for you to change you mind for a while...since there are more Greeks who believe that? ..."
------------
My mind is being already changed for certain points.
For example that not all Greeks hate ALL Albanians.
"or you belong to those stupid ones who believe what Hotza told them about the Greeks and how we are ready everyday to invade in Albanian?"
------------
Hoxha told us also that USA is waiting to attack us as soon as any occassion is given!!!!!!!!!
"PS. Since you support the causes of Kossovar Albanians... you should support the causes of Greeks in Albania...if you want to be fair.."
-----------
I don't think you really are drawing a parallel between Kosovars and Greek Minority!!!
"as I oppose the separation of Northern Epirus from the Albania state. I just wish those people to have all their rights."
----------------
All their rights? Why don't you take a trip in South Albania?? You'll see you won't need an interpreter.

(Login constantinus)

No score for this post
April 29 2007, 12:26 AM 

Albania should apply a separate status for southern Albanian,since is homeland of most of their minority nationalities,Greeks,vlachs and slavs.that would be ideal , as long as this doesn't sideway the democratic processe in Albania.

(Login teuta1975)

C.

No score for this post
April 29 2007, 12:41 AM 

"Albania should apply a separate status for southern Albanian,since is homeland of most of their minority nationalities,Greeks,vlachs and slavs.that would be ideal , as long as this doesn't sideway the democratic processe in Albania."
=====================================

Hahahaha...and would you be their Leader??!!!!

Basil
(Login BasilMacedon)
Greece Forum Mods Group

No score for this post
April 29 2007, 4:38 AM 

Constantinous let me ask you something; Have you ever met any Vlach that does not consider himself as a member of Hellenism?

Really now... because I have many friends from Vlach origin... and they cannot even imagine themselves out of the Hellenic stok.

Elliniko DJ Nate
(Login elliniko_dj_nate)

No score for this post
April 29 2007, 4:45 AM 

If Kosovo achieves full autonomy. Himara has the right to choose autonomy also.

Precedent has been set where an area of major foreign ethnicity can choose to annex their region.

Basil
(Login BasilMacedon)
Greece Forum Mods Group

No score for this post
April 29 2007, 4:53 AM 

Teuta
"I thought you had figured that I REALLY do not nourish any hostility feelings towards Greeks. As a matter of fact I respect them and their culture and language very much. That's why I even bothered (long time ago) reading most of Greek philosophers' ideas!!! And I found them touching my heart and soul. It's just that I AM AFRAID to trust Greeks...I don't know why!!!!
Since you have seen many of my messages ...I would suggest you to go a little bit farther and read some Greek posts and their views
(they were here before I entered this forum)//
In every nation... there are some... psychotic people. The good part is... in Greece they represent 5% of the population according to the elections. Dont you find it a little bit cruel.. to take that 5% and behave like they are the majority? Its not fair for the rest of us... the 95%...

"Did you forget so quickly when you told me (quoting): (Albanians like you are...a few...) "
yes... you are right. In that forum...... not in the Albanian population I have met in generall. Do you know.. the most Anti-Greek Albanians I know... are the ones they have never been to Greece?

My mind is being already changed for certain points.
Thats a good start....

Hoxha told us also that USA is waiting to attack us as soon as any occassion is given!!!!!!!!!
Now you understand how foolish it sounded to my ears when I first heard from Albanians that we hate them and we want to kill them all..

Some prejudism that comes from the communist era must come to an end sometime... since it reflects to the behavior of many Albanian immigrants... and that negative reflaction it accepted from many Greeks.... and it reflects to their behavior to those Albanian immigrants. Its a circle... that you started due to Hotza... and you must finish it...

I don't think you really are drawing a parallel between Kosovars and Greek Minority!!!
If somebody wants to harm relations between countries.... he can draw any parallel he wants. Thats the American game... and you seem to love American games...

All their rights? Why don't you take a trip in South Albania?? You'll see you won't need an interpreter.
-------------------------------------------------
I really dont know. I just hear what they say. Since that mayor of Himara... says those things... I think he must have a reason to say so. Can you proove me he is wrong?

(Login teuta1975)

to Elleniko DJ

No score for this post
April 29 2007, 6:31 AM 

"If Kosovo achieves full autonomy. Himara has the right to choose autonomy also."
==================================

And how about Chameria??!!!

(Login teuta1975)

Basil,

No score for this post
April 29 2007, 7:34 AM 

"In every nation... there are some... psychotic people. The good part is... in Greece they represent 5% of the population according to the elections. Dont you find it a little bit cruel.. to take that 5% and behave like they are the majority? Its not fair for the rest of us... the 95%..."
--------

Yes,,,you are right. With only one remark: are you 100% sure they are only 5%??
"Do you know.. the most Anti-Greek Albanians I know... are the ones they have never been to Greece?"
------
I know it very well. I know the "illness" of falling in love with Greek Islands once being there...There's no way out but to get back before it's too late!!!
Of course I'm talking about people who understand and value the beauty as well as enjoy living the life.
"My mind is being already changed for certain points.

Thats a good start...."
---------------
Hopefully vice-versa too.

========================================
"Hoxha told us also that USA is waiting to attack us as soon as any occassion is given!!!!!!!!!"

"Now you understand how foolish it sounded to my ears when I first heard from Albanians that we hate them and we want to kill them all.. "
------------
Do you understand now why Albanians wouldn't have immigrated to Greece or USA if they had believed that!!!!
"Some prejudism that comes from the communist era must come to an end sometime... since it reflects to the behavior of many Albanian immigrants... and that negative reflaction it accepted from many Greeks.... and it reflects to their behavior to those Albanian immigrants. Its a circle... that you started due to Hotza... and you must finish it..."
---------
TIME itself will heal the unclosed wounds!!! (If we want to pretend that not touching them they won't hurt!!!!)
"I don't think you really are drawing a parallel between Kosovars and Greek Minority!!!
-------------
"If somebody wants to harm relations between countries.... he can draw any parallel he wants. Thats the American game... and you seem to love American games..."
---------------
I don't know if I agree here! For many reasons: some people DO draw parallels (even in this forum) to begin with...as per American games...that game saved so many lives during Kosovo war and didn't want to allow the recognition of Albania by Great Powers and wanted to divide it among Greece, Serbia and Montenegro/
========================================
"I really dont know. I just hear what they say. Since that mayor of Himara... says those things... I think he must have a reason to say so. Can you proove me he is wrong?"
--------------
"Once I saw the word LOSS written on the wall. One L was missing. It was ..OSS.. One couldn't read the word LOSS but could feel its effect, its hard and heavy pain..."
Our Mayor is a failure who needs much money and a Greek Passaport to travel Europe. Can Greece offers him a pension?! I am sure he would not refuse it. Since when Mayors care about their people??!! (He isn't even sure whose people are they anyway)

(Login akritas2)
Greece Forum Mods Group

No score for this post
April 29 2007, 10:45 AM 

""And how about Chameria??!!!""

Teuta are there any Albanians in Chameria as there are Greeks in North Epirus (not only in Chimara of course but also in Korytsa and Tepeleni)?

Just to add that in North Epirus there is a considerable number of Vlachs and Slavmacedonians.

Pavle
(Login Braveserb)

No score for this post
April 29 2007, 12:44 PM 

I read somewhere that in North Albania live some Serb minorities, but that they live in peace with the Albanian people, thats very strange....
On the other hand maybe its normal. Here in BAlkans we lived for centuries with different religions and cultures, so why we at once couldnt live with each other, but in Western europe they can live in peace with Turks, ALgerians etc etc, people with which they only live for about couple of years????....

Nate
(Login elliniko_dj_nate)

Teuta

No score for this post
April 29 2007, 6:59 PM 

"If Kosovo achieves full autonomy. Himara has the right to choose autonomy also."
==================================

And how about Chameria??!!!

I was making an inference with my post Teuta; what I meant to say was, if Kosovo is given Autonomy against the negations of the Serbs - it sets precedent where the Greeks of Himara, if in big enough numbers in that region, can goto the EU/UN and be given autonomy of that region even if Albania doesn't want it.

Greece doesn't need more villages, it needs less of them and more population in Athens and Thessaloniki.

If Albanians in this chameria are large enough to, such precedent could follow. More Balkanisation... just what we need. But anyway, I doubt many minorities would want to break away from Greece - it's been quite good to many migrants recently seeking better financial standing.

I am totally against Balkanisation, Economies of scale is so important in capitalist markets and people are doing everything they can to achieve diseconomies... doesn't make sense one bit.

(Login teuta1975)

Akritas,

No score for this post
April 29 2007, 10:07 PM 

"Teuta are there any Albanians in Chameria"...
-----------
No...for obvious reasons...but there ARE Chams in Albania...thousands...

(Login teuta1975)

To Pavle,

No score for this post
April 29 2007, 10:11 PM 

"I read somewhere that in North Albania live some Serb minorities, but that they live in peace with the Albanian people, thats very strange....
On the other hand maybe its normal. Here in BAlkans we lived for centuries with different religions and cultures, so why we at once couldnt live with each other, but in Western europe they can live in peace with Turks, ALgerians etc etc, people with which they only live for about couple of years????...."
================
Why is that so odd to you Pavle???!!!!
Hasn't Albania prove itself as a very tollerant (since antique times)and democratic country pertinent to Religion and minority's right (Greeks) to begin with?!
All Albanians have asked is to be left in peace, (no attacks) to speak their language and not being taken the land!!! Is that too much to ask??????

(Login teuta1975)

To Nate...

No score for this post
April 29 2007, 10:22 PM 

"I was making an inference with my post Teuta; what I meant to say was, if Kosovo is given Autonomy against the negations of the Serbs - it sets precedent where the Greeks of Himara, if in big enough numbers in that region, can goto the EU/UN and be given autonomy of that region even if Albania doesn't want it".
=============================

I understood perfectly well what you meant. It's not even neraly the same situation, thus not the case!
==============================
"Greece doesn't need more villages, it needs less of them and more population in Athens and Thessaloniki."

You try to tell that to "Papus" of Orthodox Churches in Albania. What an ugly propagand those backward people do profaning the God's word for their political reasons!!!! Try to tell it and you'll be cursed by the Church!!!
================================
"If Albanians in this chameria are large enough to, such precedent could follow. More Balkanisation... just what we need. But anyway, I doubt many minorities would want to break away from Greece - it's been quite good to many migrants recently seeking better financial standing."

That's why the situation is not same with Kosovo!!!! Greece is in a better economic situation...
============================
"I am totally against Balkanisation, Economies of scale is so important in capitalist markets and people are doing everything they can to achieve diseconomies... doesn't make sense one bit".

Don't worry! Won't happen. Good neighbors are good neighbors in a building as long as each have a separate house and money!!!!!!!

(Login constantinus)

No score for this post
April 30 2007, 1:14 PM 

Constantinous let me ask you something; Have you ever met any Vlach that does not consider himself as a member of Hellenism?

Really now... because I have many friends from Vlach origin... and they cannot even imagine themselves out of the Hellenic stok.
---------------------
vlachs of greece yes,outside greece i would say 50-50 in macedonia and albanian, with the rumania goverment gaining the upper hand...

Arxileas
(Login Arxileas)
Greece Forum Mods Group

Re: Bollano Draws Parallels Between Albania�s Himara and Kosovo

No score for this post
April 30 2007, 3:17 PM 

"""If Kosovo achieves full autonomy. Himara has the right to choose autonomy also.

Precedent has been set where an area of major foreign ethnicity can choose to annex their region."""

I agree with those statements Elli. The future is looking messy.

(Login teuta1975)

Re to Arxileas...

No score for this post
May 1 2007, 10:17 AM 

"""If Kosovo achieves full autonomy. Himara has the right to choose autonomy also.

Precedent has been set where an area of major foreign ethnicity can choose to annex their region."""

I agree with those statements Elli. The future is looking messy."
=========================

I agree!!!
Overall it's Balkans!!!!

Current Topic - Bollano Draws Parallels Between Albania’s Himara and Kosovo  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on PoliticsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement