<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Viktor
(Login Wiktor20)

Re: Atheism in Greece

No score for this post
September 20 2008, 6:15 PM 

It is easy- corrupted politicians, corrupted priests that's it. I have seen Serbian priests and Croatian too supporting ethnic cleansing in Bosnia, the Muslim imams were no better. I have seen priests living in huge houses and driving Mercedes while the people are starving. I think today the atheists are not respected enough. Even though there is a big percentage of them in every country. Just to be clear I respect all the believers no matter of which faith, it is the religious institutions that I can't stand.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.
Niklianos
(Login Nikilianos)
Greece Forum Mods Group

No score for this post
September 20 2008, 8:29 PM 

The FYROM Orthodox Church is not recognized due to the simple fact it was a creation of a government and it replaced a recognized Orthodox church.

Carla Del Ponte
(Login CARLADELPONTE)
Albania Forum Mods Group

Politics aside

No score for this post
September 21 2008, 1:48 AM 

Dear Nikilianos,

Let us put opportunistic politicians aside.
You guys pray to the same god. You have the same Byzantine spiritual/religious roots.

How can you justify this endemic inter-Balkan hatred before the God to whom you all pray ?

Could the Balkan Orthodox peoples and their religious leaders initiate movement for peace and understanding utilizing the common Christian (Orthodox) moral platform?

Cheers,
Carla

< Page: 1 of 1 > >>

Viktor
(Login Wiktor20)

No score for this post
September 21 2008, 2:53 AM 

No they can't because the Greek fanariot propaganda was started by the Greek church. The Greek church was never separated from the Greek state and the Greek nationalism. Our church is not recognised as a autonomous church, but it was not anathemised by the patriarch of the Constantinople. The issue between our and the Serbian church dates form 1967 and before, and it is so complexed that even I don't understand it fully, so stop using something you don't know well, just because it is against us. The Greek consulate refused to give visa to our Metropolits when they wanted to give tribute to the recently past away Greek patriarch, that certainly was not an act of good will or in the spirit of the Orthodoxy which biggest values are love and forgivingness. And let me say that the Ukrainian, Belorussian, Montenegrin and some others churches are also not recognised which proves that politics is far more important than faith when it comes about the Orthodox churches. I am not saying that is different with others, but I am pointing to this situation right now.

Niklianos
(Login Nikilianos)
Greece Forum Mods Group

No score for this post
September 21 2008, 5:10 AM 

"Dear Nikilianos,

Let us put opportunistic politicians aside.
You guys pray to the same god. You have the same Byzantine spiritual/religious roots.

How can you justify this endemic inter-Balkan hatred before the God to whom you all pray ?

Could the Balkan Orthodox peoples and their religious leaders initiate movement for peace and understanding utilizing the common Christian (Orthodox) moral platform?

Cheers,
Carla"
=========================================================================================================
Carla I am not a religious person and do not support the church. I was just giving a single example of why they are not recognized. You must also remember that just because people are from the Balkans, a generic term used for the region, does not mean that the people are one in the same just because they are primarily Orthodox. Religion is just one tie-in factor, but there are many more that take precedence. Do you think that all the Catholic people are one in the same and therefore should give in to other Catholics just because they share the same faith?

Viktor,

of course it's all Orthodox politics and control just as it is with the Catholic church and their politics. It is entirely about control of the masses. If the churches lose control to some upstarts then they lose funding, parisheners and power. You are correct when stating that it is a very complicated issue.

Carla Del Ponte
(Login CARLADELPONTE)
Albania Forum Mods Group

Is it dead end ?

No score for this post
September 21 2008, 1:59 PM 

"The Greek consulate refused to give visa to our Metropolits when they wanted to give tribute to the recently past away Greek patriarch, that certainly was not an act of good will or in the spirit of the Orthodoxy which biggest values are love and forgiveness."

How sad. This I find very disturbing and pessimistic statement.

Anyway thank you both for your attempt to clarify this complicated issue.

< Page: 1 of 1 > >>

Arxileas
(Login Arxileas)
Greece Forum Mods Group

No score for this post
September 21 2008, 5:40 PM 

From Fyrom's Bible;

Makedonska Biblija......Alekasndar Veliki.....Tsarot na Grtsija

It's the Book of Daniel in the Bible, where Alexander is "the King of Greece".

Will Fyrom's Church come clean and educate it's people of this truth...If so then it may be recognised, because it will be in accordance with the rest of the Orthodox Churches and the Bibles teachings NOT the pseudo state it represents.

Good thing we have translators.
http://www.macedoniaontheweb.com/forum/ancient-macedonian-history/7073-makedonska-biblija-alekasndar-veliki-tsarot-na-grtsija.html

Arxileas
(Login Arxileas)
Greece Forum Mods Group

No score for this post
September 21 2008, 5:50 PM 

Greetings guest Moderator Carla Del Ponte, hope you are well !

Viktor
(Login Wiktor20)

No score for this post
September 22 2008, 5:28 AM 

The church is not here to teach history, but to preach the Orthodox faith to the Orthodox people. And the pseudo state is recognised by all the countries in the world, and it is recognised by it's constitutional name from more than 120 countries, Chile recently did it too, including USA, Russia and China.

Arxileas
(Login Arxileas)
Greece Forum Mods Group

No score for this post
September 22 2008, 7:36 AM 

Who is talking about history in regards to the Church ?

Will Fyrom's Church come clean and educate it's people of this truth...If so then it may be recognised, because it will be in accordance with the rest of the Orthodox Churches and the Bibles teachings NOT the pseudo state it represents.

I was referring the Bible scriptures here. Yes and to teach the true Orthodox faith which recognises King Alexandros “King of the Greeks” achievements of spreading the Hellenic language which in turn made it possible for Christianity to spread due to a common "Greek" language around the then known world.

Only now am referring to history in the end of this message, to illustrate something.

This message has been edited by Arxileas on Sep 22, 2008 7:41 AM

Viktor
(Login Wiktor20)

No score for this post
September 24 2008, 1:44 AM 

The true Orthodox faith teaches that Alexander is burning in hell, so I don't see the connection. And yes, I never denied that Orthodoxy spread here thanks to Greek and Latin, but don't forget what the Thessalonian brothers have done.

Arxileas
(Login Arxileas)
Greece Forum Mods Group

No score for this post
September 25 2008, 1:56 AM 

"""Thessalonian brothers have done."""

Yes those two Greek brothers....

http://historyofmacedonia.wordpress.com/2007/02/12/sources-on-st-cyril-and-methodius-greek-ethnicity/

P.s note every Church recognises them as Greek not sure about Fyrom's Church ?

Viktor
(Login Wiktor20)

No score for this post
September 25 2008, 10:36 PM 

Yes their father was Greek, but the point is that they spread Slavonic literacy, and fought for service in Old Church Slavonic to be allowed, so I wonder if you consider them traitors, since today it is forbidden in Greece.

Niklianos
(Login Nikilianos)
Greece Forum Mods Group

No score for this post
September 26 2008, 2:46 AM 

Viktor,

No one would consider them traitors since they were sent out by the Greek church at the request of the Montenegrins to teach the non-Christian Slavic populations Christian Orthodoxy. They realized that the best way to do so was to create a written language. This allowed for easier spread of Orthodoxy throughout the region. So if you look at their purpose they were devout followers of the Patriarch and Orthodoxy and they just used the best available means to propagate their beliefs.

This message has been edited by Nikilianos on Sep 26, 2008 3:00 AM

Viktor
(Login Wiktor20)

No score for this post
September 27 2008, 2:31 AM 

It was not the request of Montenegrins, anyway I get your point.

Nikilianos
(Login Nikilianos)
Greece Forum Mods Group

No score for this post
September 28 2008, 4:44 AM 

Sorry I meant Moravians.

Viktor
(Login Wiktor20)

No score for this post
September 30 2008, 12:34 AM 

Yes, I got that it is OK.

Feral Tribune
(Login JasamBozo)

Welcome to the 21 Century

No score for this post
April 25 2009, 5:06 PM 

The Holy Bible is a collection of fairy tales. To some of us this is as obvious as the noses on our faces. In fact, to me it is one of the most amazing, mind boggling things about this world that millions of adults simply cannot see this obvious truth. True, the Bible begins with In the beginning rather than Once upon a time but not all fairy tales begin with those words, and the other parallels are just too striking to ignore.

Oxford Dictionary definition of "Fairy Tale":
1. A fanciful tale of legendary deeds and creatures, usually intended for children.
2. A fictitious, highly fanciful story or explanation.

A fanciful tale of legendary deeds and creatures? How about the creation of the universe in 7 days (oopsthe all powerful creator rested on the 7th day so call it 6)? How about a man walking on water and making food fall from the sky? How about a man curing illnesses and banishing evil spirits with the wave of a hand? How about making a staff turn into a snake? How about an invisible superhero causing plagues of locusts and other such vermin? Oh, and legendary creatures? Well how about witches, wizards, sorcerers, spirits, satyrs, demons, giants, ghosts, dragons, and unicorns? Yep, theyre all in there.
And you want fictitious, highly fanciful stories or explanations? How about a flood that covered the whole earth to the highest mountaintop, killing all creatures which hadnt been herded onto a single boat? How about a man with super strength which resided in his hair? How about a boy slaying a giant with a slingshot? How about a man hanging out in the belly of a giant fish for 3 days? How about 900-year old men and talking jackasses and bushes? How about a woman being convinced by a talking snake to eat the fruit of a magical tree? Yep, theyre all in there, too.
Please note that definition number one says, usually intended for children. Therein resides the problem. If children were not exposed to adults insisting year after year that these ancient fairy tales are true, who would believe in them? These stories are all scientifically impossible and are so far fetched that only ignorant, primitive desert tribesmen, uneducated children, and the thoroughly brainwashed could take them seriously.
Clearly the Bible is merely a collection of fairy tales and should be cataloged and shelved with the fiction section of the library. But not with the other fairy tales, because so many of the Bibles stories are too disgusting to be read by children (Abraham being ordered to kill his son, Lot lying with his daughters, etc.).
I am amazed that so many people really believe this crap!

Mikaeel Jackson
(Login JasamBozo)

Mikaeel Jackson - converts to Islam

No score for this post
May 4 2009, 11:05 AM 

I have very exciting and SENSATIONAL news to all fans of Mikaeel Jackson (formerly Michael Jackson).
In presence and with spiritual gudance of Yusup Islam (formerly Cat Stevens) Mikaeel converted to Islam accepting THE LAST AND FINAL god's ambassador to the planet Earth Muhamaad (blessed be his name).

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

On behalf of all believers in god we wish Mikaeel Allah's blessings and enlightenment.

Niklianos
(Login Nikilianos)
Greece Forum Mods Group

No score for this post
May 7 2009, 8:59 AM 

So what are your beliefs Jasam? You mention Allah in your last post about Michael Jackson but yet you attack the Bible (Old and New). Do Muslims not believe in the Old Testament as well? Are not the Christians, Jews and Muslims all children of the Bible? I am not a Christian so I am asking you from an outsiders view. To me if you say that the Bible is a fairy tale then isn't the Quran and other religious text from the Judeo-Christian-Islamic belief system?

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on PoliticsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement